SAU Community

Insurance Options

Well I've finally done it.....

No I haven't had a crash, well not recently anyway... I've sent my search form off to my Good man Troy from Iron Chef, oh yeah :)

So it's a waiting game now until I get my new baby. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, I even typed 'insurance' in the search option but I couldn't find any info I was after. I also have a background in the insurance industry, don't judge ;) I'm out of the game now.

So I know how limited my options are regarding insurance on an imported car. This will also be my first time dealing with a car I have imported, it's actually my first time with the Nissan brand altogether. So I want things to go as smoothly possible.

So who does everyone recommend? It will obviously be full comprehensive cover and a daily driver.

Thanks,

Paul

i did ask this question once here. i ended up going with NRMA. i pay around $1700 with $1k excess (on its second year i used to pay $1800).

the good thing about NRMA is they are not fussed with mods....

so works with me. just have to fork out this much to drive this beast on the road

i did ask this question once here. i ended up going with NRMA. i pay around $1700 with $1k excess (on its second year i used to pay $1800).

the good thing about NRMA is they are not fussed with mods....

so works with me. just have to fork out this much to drive this beast on the road

Holy Shit... That's crazy expensive. I'm guessing you are young or possibly have a bad rating?

I got a quote & it is less than half of what you are paying. Look below for more info.

I didn't know NRMA would touch grey imports!!!!

I thought Shannons and Just Cars were basically the only two...

Yeah I wouldn't have thought NRMA would insure it either... I got a quote through Just Cars, comprehensive cover, I based it on a 2012 370GT SP Coupe Auto. I put an agreed value of $40,000 for an example, as I have know idea what the real value is? I'm not sure if they do market value? I didn't see the option. They also allow an unlimited amount of legal mods. Total annual premium $716, $650XS. Total annual premium $774, $450XS. Pretty stoked with that. Can some other members please post what they are paying and who with, or PM me if you are not comfortable letting everyone else know. It will be a big help and of course will save a lot of time.

Thanks.

My last premium was around $800p/a with NRMA with $500 excess.. (clean driving and accident history - 38yo) they undercut everyone else for me.

NRMA are happy with the V35.

V36 is even easier.. suncorp and a bunch of other common insurers will cover them.

My V35 was insured with Shannons - annual cost was a bit more than your quote but city/country locations would account for that. The car was hit from behind, and was an economic write-off, Shannons were great - no hassles at all. They paid out the agreed value within a couple of weeks, and offered to sell me the wreck for a reasonable price. They were very easy to deal with. Everything was done over the phone.

Based on that experience I would be happy to recommend them. YMMV

Highly recommend SGIC have used them plenty of times!

Agreed value + no excess on windscreen / glass + rating 1 protection and I'm paying $106 per month on my 2003 V35 Skyline 350GT Coupe :)

Very happy with this (plus the agreed value).

Edited by Sikahalv

• 2 weeks later...

Suncorp are easy enough with imports. They're also generally very generous with market value of the car.

My '07 350GT SP is $82/mth with $400 excess.

Also got a '94 Lexus SC300 which is only $69/mth.

Unlike most insurers, Suncorp don't take into account where you park your car. They consider garage, carport, driveway all to be the same, as long as it's on your property. RACQ used to charge me $13/mth more for my wifes car because it was parked in a carport, not a garage.

And if you have multiple policies with them they give you 10-15% discount on premium.