SAU Community

Custom Intake Pipe.

Can anyone help me locate or find out who builds those 6 to 4 inch intake pipes? I'm lead to believe it's a bloke out of W.A. and I'm having no luck finding out who and where, because I would really love to get my hands on one. Thanks in advance.

Trying to locate a picture. In the current HPI mag a silver r32 has got one, pretty sure the red r32 gtr from w.a. clallled renegade has got one etc. It's 6inch at the pod and has a rapper down to 4inch then a pipe welded on that has a curve.

....No I'm not. I'm looking for it because the shape is perfect for my setup and secondly most places on the sunshine coast don't put this quality of workmanship into things they do. They're too slap happy. Also I have a 6inch short pod sitting at home given to me. So it's not about wank factor or any crap like that. That's just a premature naive assumption.

Edited by RobG85

I could make it, but unless you are pushing 11ty kw an 80mm intake will do the job. I have run mine up to 400+kw easily, and the engine bay remains stealth. I am guessing you have a huge top mount though?

A funnel like that isn't going to improve flow much from my experience, just get you defected on the road. If it's a track car, go for your life.

Yes I am running a big high mount. Efr 8374 to be exact. Legally, as long as the pipe is secure it is legal. The object is to start this thing at 380 to 400 awkw and go from there. Assuming based on area and potential cfm flow I could see how it would potentially work with higher power levels, thus would be beneficial to buy one intake pipe and fit it, then go through 2 or 3 setups to alleviant better airflow from restrictions later down the track. I also have custom pipe work needed to be done too. You in qld Scott?

Edited by RobG85