SAU Community

Rb25/30 Oil Issue, Pushing Oil Out The Catch Can?

HR31-PASSAGE

Hey guys just had my rb30 bottom end freshened up 2 weeks ago, it's all run-in now with fresh penrite hpr10 (15w50) now the issue is oil pushing into my catch can when boosting/high rpm. I have a 1.5mm restrictor in the block & the back one blocked off.

I had my catch can draining back to the sump with the 2 the rocket cover lines going into the catch can & another line going to the turbo intake with a 3mm restrictor, when I had this set up it was blowing ashit load of smoke so I've not blocked the line off to the turbo into & run the catch can oil drain into a bottle to catch any excess oil but it's pushing it out hard & making a oily mess.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Done a comp test & it's all within 130-150PSI

post-61812-0-86389500-1407742504_thumb.jpg

2 rocket covers go to the top of the catch can, then I have 1 on the side towards the top going to the turbo intake pipe. Drain I have a fitting on the sump.

Previously before the freshen up I had it T into the turbo return line on the block & wasn't having this issue

• 7 months later...

Simple question here. Where is the thread for oil issues in rbs. I know there a big topic just cant seem to find it. Helpppp anyone

Edited by MJTru

Simple question here. Where is the thread for oil issues in rbs. I know there a big topic just cant seem to find it. Helpppp anyone

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/110680-oil-control-in-rbs-for-circuit-drag-or-drift/?&hl=sk+oil+control

Its very long - you could just read the last 10 - 15 pages.