SAU Community

Rb25De Neo With Turbo?

Yes you can do it.

There's a whole De +t thread in the na section.

The ports are tiny, the cams are small and the comp is high. And to do it legally it's not worth it

Over all don't do it.

Edited by Ben C34
  • Like 1

This, don't do it.

Also saying you are getting the gear from a DET. do you mean a neo det or r33 det?

You also know that you will need a computer and tune for it to run properly.

The stock det computer is expecting a motor with, well, the det's characteristics. I.e. the compression ratio and cam durations etc. So it you run that it will probably end up grenading your DE+T

Did I say don't do it? :P

yeah i thought it might be the case and he was gonna get the turbo auto ecu ect and yeah

its an auto too?!

fk it. do it. One less auto in the world is a better place :whistling:

Joking. Seriously, don't do it.

If want turbo skyline. Sell non-turbo - buy turbo.

Win.

Edited by jjman

I drove a converted N/A to turbo, it was running around 7 psi boost with a Greddy E-Mange running the tuning side of things

It was ok - however it wasn't perfect. It was a 5 speed conversion too, using a RB20 gearbox.

Overall it drove ok, however the cost involved in the conversion the guy said he wouldn't do it again and would have bought a factory turbo car. I drove a factory turbo 34, but an auto - and this car ran a whole heap better

To his credit, he put the turbo brakes on, and it looked like a factory install, but it still had the N/A diff which let the whole thing down in my opinion. If dropping sick single peggers to inpress your mates is your thing - you'll love it

However, the N/A has P-plate appeal, so I'd be selling it and buying a turbo car to start with