SAU Community

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Round 8 - Calder Saturday 20Th September

billywhiz

Sau Vic 2014 Motorsport Championship Round 8

Hosted by WRX club

Entry Form:

http://www.wrx.com.au/event-1742578

Sup regs:

http://www.wrx.com.au/resources/Documents/Motorsport/2014/2014%20Round%207%20Calder%20Park%20September%2020th%20-%20Super%20Sprint%20Supp%20Regs%20.pdf

big thanks to our sponsors:

2014 Motorsport Sponsors

post-31752-0-52502100-1409963086_thumb.jpg

Racepace Motorsport

Servicing, Engines & Mechanical

Racepace Motorsport

Servicing, Engines & Mechanical

9/6 Holloway Drive

Bayswater, VIC.

PH: 9762 9421

post-31752-0-80936800-1409963119_thumb.jpg

Speed Nation

Automotive Lifestyle

http://speednation.com.au/

post-31752-0-20507200-1409963161_thumb.jpg

Discount City Tyres

Tyres, Wheels & Servicing

626 South Road

Moorabbin

PH: 03 9555 6325

• Like 1

According to 2014 champ thread it is, see bottom page 23 post by Richo, wish front page would get updated. I thought to put this up so we don't get to the day not knowing if in or out.

My understanding the in/out PI round from July and late notice tampered days are in but we now get to drop two rounds from championship.

Going forwards looks like they are have two rounds on subsequent weekends. Really want this all clarified on front page of 2014 Champ thread. Currently need to install new radiator and can't import a koyo for Calder could do a generic +50mm alu alloy one though.

As for Calder $200, agree.

Feel free to lock/delete if required, think I may just check in on Jan2015 to see which ended up being rounds.

For 2015, think I'll just go back to cherry picking fun events, kind of over this championship malarkey :-)

According to 2014 champ thread it is, see bottom page 23 post by Richo, wish front page would get updated. I thought to put this up so we don't get to the day not knowing if in or out.

My understanding the in/out PI round from July and late notice tampered days are in but we now get to drop two rounds from championship.

Going forwards looks like they are have two rounds on subsequent weekends. Really want this all clarified on front page of 2014 Champ thread. Currently need to install new radiator and can't import a koyo for Calder could do a generic +50mm alu alloy one though.

As for Calder $200, agree.

Where is Martin? Is he supposed to be the current club motorosport director? I agree for people entered in the championship any changes should be reflected on the main motorsport championship thread as the primary 'source of truth'. I understand that Martin's real-world employment requires a lot of travel, but if it means he can't do the club motorsport role and update information in a timely manner... give the job to someone else. I'm not having a dig, just saying that's how it appears to be.

Feel free to lock/delete if required, think I may just check in on Jan2015 to see which ended up being rounds.

For 2015, think I'll just go back to cherry picking fun events, kind of over this championship malarkey :-)

That's pretty much what I plan to do next year :) Not particularly fussed about championship rounds. I'll probably throw in a couple of driver dynamics hot lap days initially to get back in to driving and shake the cobb webs out of the car... I haven't been out on the track in a longgg time :laugh:

I've been doing the championship spreadsheet updates this year as Martin was quite busy last year. There has been some confusion with the rounds in the later half of the year, Richo sort of clarified that but don't think there has been an official update?

Unless something has changed again, Richo's last post indicated both Calder and PI are included for whoever wanted to go but the final results will allow 2 rounds to be dropped.

So the year looks like this:

Rnd 1 Phillip Island 1/02/2014
Rnd 2 Calder 8/03/2014
Rnd 3 Sandown 13/04/2014
Rnd 4 Winton 17/05/2014
Rnd 5 Phillip Island 26/07/2014
Rnd 6 Sandown 16/08/2014
Rnd 7 Winton 30/08/2014
Rnd 8 Calder 20/09/2014
Rnd 9 Phillip Island 28/09/2014

Edit: I have the spreadsheet up to date with the rounds as above but didn't want to publish it until I had received official confirmation from the committee.

The Championship has been sporadic this year due to the affiliated clubs running the Motorsport days. There has been much discussion in the background around which days we should do to maximise track time and ensure a good experience for SAU VIC members attending.

There was discussion if we should include PI (the last one) in the championship a couple of weeks before the event. But the MS committee chose not to confuse people, so didn't include that in the calendar. However 90% of regular members turned out to that event, so it has been included.

Due to the sporadic nature of the season it was suggested that we drop 2 rounds rather than the normal 1 round. As some of the rounds have had little notice compared to previous years.

Calder was a catch up round suggested for the People who could not attended either the Sandown or the Winton rounds. However there appears to be little interest in attending the event. If that's the case then there is no reason for the majority to drop this as 1 of their 2 rounds.

Cheers, understand the nature of this year and everyone is doing it on their own time, maybe less public forum/facebook options, just committee confer behind closed doors and publish agreed schedule. If as you seem to be saying, this isn't a round - I suggest the committee clearly update this thread with cancelled and remove it from the front pages of the 2014 MS calendar thread.

Also we were talking about the proposed final round tonight. The PIARC entries are already open and the price goes up within a week - so if that is to be the final round, it needs to be advertised now so that people have a chance to plan and enter at the cheaper price of $210 versus $250.

Not trying to step on toes, just have a busy life, I generally have to move things around to attend events and lets not forget, prior I also have to schedule time to work/prep the car.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to a more social turn out for the final round. Sorry Justin for not saying hi, had one of those days. The night before resulted in arriving at 8:30, came in nursing coolant issues but the cat flange bolt disappeared resulting in a trip to Bunnings, strain on the exhaust had stressed the dump pipe mount and losing those studs ended the day.

post-31752-0-14244100-1411217617_thumb.jpg