SAU Community

98 Pump V E85 Pros And Cons For A Dd

Nismo 3.2ish

But seriously I will talk to Jim about it, will be waste of time if I might have trouble on a long trip.

I have looked around for E85 and called all of the Caltex and United servos in Newcastle with no luck, one did not answer so there is still a chance?

But seriously I will talk to Jim about it, will be waste of time if I might have trouble on a long trip.

I have looked around for E85 and called all of the Caltex and United servos in Newcastle with no luck, one did not answer so there is still a chance?

As per the message you can get United at -

Metford

Cessnock

Charlestown

And i believe there is more coming...

You can get Eflex at -

Hamilton

Swansea

Charlestown

There are plenty of other places around the Newy area, i just cant remember them off the top of my head... There are also a few on the central coast and a fair few in Sydney so you have a pretty good range if you run E85 still... Depends on your needs i guess!

I have no fuel temp dramas now the car is all setup properly, when i was doing long drives on the street to events etc it was fine.... Now i just thrash it on track :)

It would only be an issue on a long trip if your getting up it, crusing would be fine, you also use more of it then 98 especially if your getting up it

I didn't seem to have any problem with the car l3aning out on a 40 degree day at Wakefield. But I only have a single fuel pump and pushing baby power.

Do you have a wideband ?

And fark tracking on 40deg day, it would be like a sauna in side the car :(

im running a wideband sensor! drove from Sydney to Melbourne and didn't have any issues.... was just cruising. none stop for 10 hours it was fine on E85.
did have a drama on the way home when my thermostat and radiator shit its self and was sitting around 95 degrees the whole way home but had nothing to do with the long drive... E85 for the WNI!!
once you go Ethanol you will never want to go back!

What about using water methanol injection Pete? As an option. Your going for nearly all other options ;)

haha , just 2 and mixtures, I still think there seems to be more Pros than Cons to consider but I will do it and see what happens when I use it :)

Ben, with some orange juice the water methanol and ice sounds good :/

As per the message you can get United at -

Metford

Cessnock

Charlestown

And i believe there is more coming...

You can get Eflex at -

Hamilton

Swansea

Charlestown

There are plenty of other places around the Newy area, i just cant remember them off the top of my head... There are also a few on the central coast and a fair few in Sydney so you have a pretty good range if you run E85 still... Depends on your needs i guess!

I have no fuel temp dramas now the car is all setup properly, when i was doing long drives on the street to events etc it was fine.... Now i just thrash it on track :)

Thanks, I called the Metford earlier today and I will check the others out.

You would think there would be some in Port Macquarie

It would only be an issue on a long trip if your getting up it, crusing would be fine, you also use more of it then 98 especially if your getting up it

Do you have a wideband ?

And fark tracking on 40deg day, it would be like a sauna in side the car :(

Yeh man. Wouldnt feel right if I couldnt keep an eye on my AFR's. The day at the track was nothing but 11.4's on full noise. I know its a bit rich but gives me a bit of leeway seeing as I am planning to track it regularly.

Lol, it was the worst day ever! had to put the heater on as well because stupid china radiator doesnt know how to work. Needless to say I curb stomped it the next day.

Yeh man. Wouldnt feel right if I couldnt keep an eye on my AFR's. The day at the track was nothing but 11.4's on full noise. I know its a bit rich but gives me a bit of leeway seeing as I am planning to track it regularly.

Lol, it was the worst day ever! had to put the heater on as well because stupid china radiator doesnt know how to work. Needless to say I curb stomped it the next day.

Ah yeah, running rich will help it not lean out, mine must be a bit closer to the edge

Not a fan of thick radiators on skylines unless it's a cross twin flow, having the inlet/outlet on the same side means the water goes in down and out instead of spreading across the core

I still would have had the A/C going and windows up cause getting old and soft lol

Anyone got a full map of all the United servos, if they are supposedly not all on their website? would he handy for people from further afield to plan trips.

Anyway, picked up a massive amount of midrange going from 98 to E85 (united) for me.

Anyone got a full map of all the United servos, if they are supposedly not all on their website? would he handy for people from further afield to plan trips.

Anyway, picked up a massive amount of midrange going from 98 to E85 (united) for me.

trouble with this Pete, they do not all have the E85, United and Caltex. I called 3 of each in the Newcastle area and nothing and Mat gave me one at Metford, I had called them to make sure.

I am just trying to build a list of servos that have E85 from Sydney to QLD without driving miles out of your way.

Both United and Caltex have a list but I think they are both need updating

There must be members that have had a drive from Syd to Qld. But I guess with the flex fuel sensor it does not really matter as you can shove 98 pump in, all good :)

I find them quite up to date.

This is united

http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/united/fuel/ethanol-85/e85-store-list

This is Caltex

http://www.caltex.com.au/HelpCentre/Pages/CaltexFinder.aspx

Select e-flex in the finder and zoom in.

I found 2 in the newcastle area that sell e-flex.

One is in Charlestown and the other is in Hamilton

You have the ethanol content sensor. It's not like you need to map out where you have to fill up. When you can, great, top her up (maybe even take some jerries with you if you wish), if you can't... Well you're stuck on pootrol :P

You have the ethanol content sensor. It's not like you need to map out where you have to fill up. When you can, great, top her up (maybe even take some jerries with you if you wish), if you can't... Well you're stuck on pootrol :P

As I said in my previous post, if no E85 just stuff 98 in it.

Just trying to find some close, so I have Newcastle and the other closest I can find is Kempsey up past Port , thats about a tank full to get a tank full and end up half full by the time you drive back home :) but coming back down the Lakesway is always a relaxing drive :)