SAU Community

C34 Cheap Transmission Fix? Or Car For Sale

stock stagea

Hey guys I just bought a new car and the stagea must have known and got her feelings hurt?. Gearbox has gone into limp mode, ran the diagnostic and says that a soleniode is not working. So what I am looking for is a cheap way to fix the problem before I sell it. Or if someone wants to buy it with the problem I am willing to let it go real cheap. Like I said I have already bought he new car and delivery is at the end of this month so just want to get rid of it.

Probably best way is to swap out a known good box from someone who has done a manual conversion. I took mine to the scrap dealer but you would probably pay in the range of $1 to $200 for one. Or you could try an oil change and hope that might do it.

Probably best way is to swap out a known good box from someone who has done a manual conversion. I took mine to the scrap dealer but you would probably pay in the range of $1 to $200 for one. Or you could try an oil change and hope that might do it.

Thanks I will try to locate another box.

All you need is the valve body, no need to swap the box... I have an auto here also.

Send it to MV and get a shift kit fitted before you swap it over. ;)

Not real savy on autos, is the soleniode part of the valve body? Like I mentioned I have already purchased a new car ( Mercedes cla250 ) which will be delivered by the end of the month, am looking for the cheapest and easiest fix so that I can sell it off fast or even trade it in for the $4000 they offered me for it.

• 2 months later...

Hey there did you trade in this car. I'm wondering if I bought it? White with black leather?

Nah still got the car. Decided to put another $3,500 into it and get the box, rust and exhaust fixed. Now keeping it and selling the wife's Mini Cooper S