SAU Community

Leaking Fuel Injectors!

booba32

Hey there, I've currently got 3 leaking fuel injectors and looking to replace them, one is leaking pretty bad will that cause the car to run lean? I'm unsure of what to do, do i go standard injectors, or do i go bigger, I've heard you need a power fc for some injectors and i am planning on running one in the future. Car is a 1994 r32 gtr

Edited by booba32

If it's leaking out the bottom into the manifold it will run richer, if leakong out the top and over the motor it will run leaning and start a fire. If you change to anything besides stock you will need some sort of aftermarket ecu management, be that a nistune,power fc, adaptronic or any other ecu. The car will not run right without doing that. So if you change to bigger injectors you need a new ecu now. Yet what are you looking to get out of the car first, as if your happy stock, or even up 300awkw the stock injectors are up to the task, if you want to go heaps more power or e85 then yes injectors are needed.

The way I would do it right now, to avoid a fire, is replace all 6 with some better injectors, install Nistune, get the K factor tweaked on the dyno for a very small charge and walk away happy knowing that I've only spent the money once, not setting myself up to spend it twice.

If you can't afford to cough up $2 or $3k every time your car decides to show its age, then you can't afford to own a GTR. Spend the money when it's needed, and you will be fine.

RB26 injectors? Probably just the Oring leaking at the rail. I can post you some new ones in a letter for bugger all if you want to change them yourself...

Clean them up so you can see anything leaking after the Orings are done.

Well, if per what others above have said it is just o-rings that need replacing, then paying for "reconditioning" could lead you to spend far more money on those injectors than is warranted. Just buying o-rings for them may be all that is needed.

If you plan to use your PFC to push the power higher than stock injectors can go, then spending ANY money on them would be wasted. Spending it on new, better injectors would be far smarter.

Old 26 injectors often leak through the body. I had this and did pretty much what GTSBoy suggested - Nistune + some new 550 Seimens injectors. Wrote a DIY on it - link is in my sig.

Stock 26 injectors were good for about 400HP at the engine. So that's about 300 HP at wheels, 225rwkW.

Maybe as much as 50 engine HP more than that depending on fuel pressure, choice of dyno, a few other factors.I

In other words, they are big enough for what you're wanting. But what you're asking for is actually pretty much how much power a GTR made when you simply remove the boost restrictor anyway. ie, stock power as Nissan intended it.