SAU Community

Sau Vic Motorkhana #1 - 28th Feb 2015

ssxRicho

Dunno about that, most of the 86's I see have stupidly sized wheels, lowered to the bump stops with all the camber for hard parking meets.

Then the ones that try to drive fast with TC/DSC off end up as parted out wrecks at Import Monster

• Like 1

^I'm not disputing that, in fact, I agree. Most people destroy the awesome handling of our cars.

I'm just pointing out that a standard Excel wouldn't out-handle, nor pull away from a standard 86 in a straight line. One is an older, FWD family car which accidentally happened to handle well. The other is a newer, RWD, proper sports car with a lot of R&D that went into the handling of the car. It might be a little bit slow, but it's not that slow. And in the hands of a good driver (ie. you) they do wonderful things.

lol relax guys, but yeah. Honestly, it was no doubt a crap driver but I did killed him in the 2 hairpins before he did a loser flyby on the straights.
"It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning." :P

But since then, I've been really curious how my excel on lowered king springs actually compares to the 86.

I was hoping to have the Skyline back on the road so I can come and watch and help out. But it's looking like it's not going to happen. :unsure:

Do you think they'll let me plug the LEAF into an outlet for a few hours to top me up so I can get home afterwards? :blush:

Buy a petrol generator from bunnings and strap it to the roof... Unlimited range!

You might as well just drive a petrol vehicle then since you're still using petrol.... what you might want to do is strap some solar panels on the roof. Unlimited range anyone?

Hey guys,

I've entered and paid for this event but I'm going to have to pull out as my car needs it's mechanical gremlins from Phillip Island sorted out once and for all before Round 2 at Winton so it will be off the road until then.

How do we go about getting someone else to fill my spot for this? Also what happens with the entry fee that I've paid? I'll probably still come along on the day for a while to spectate...