SAU Community

Gilmer Belt Drive For Rb26

Ok guys my machine at least a about to balance my motor and asked what kind of belt drive I'm going to use on my motor , out of curiosity I did a search on Google and found a company that makes them rb's

www.endevourengineering.co.nz/

My questions are,

has anyone used that rb kit or another brand if there is?

Is the any benifits of using the gilmer over the genuine v grooved belt?

Will this kit fit into a r32 GTR?

post-134876-14218085327467_thumb.jpg

Cheers

The main problem with that sort of retrofit is that they're usually aimed squarely at real motorsport use, where the only things you really need to drive are the water pump and the alternator. For a streeter you have to consider the other drive systems on the front of the engine. Do you want to retain air-con? Power steer?

My motor will be using an electric water pump,and no air con aswell, but it will still be using the Powersteering pump, so I guess I'll only be using a a belt from the crank to altonator and an extra pulley for the Powersteering

The EWP is a complication that possibly doesn't matter here. But the issue you'll have with retaining PS is that the Gilmer drive pulleys take up space used for the original pair of belts. So you'll need to remount your PS pump so that it can and will line up with whatever extra pulley you manage to add onto the Gilmer setup. Unless there is a ready made solution there will be a bit of fiddling around and fabrication required.

The above pictured kit uses a balancer which has a relatively narrow gimlet belt which uses the position of the stock ac/fanbelt and leaves the power steering pulley in the factory position, that kit would be a great thing if you like the noise of a gilmer belt, not necessary for just running the alternator though.

Edited by DanielH