SAU Community

Who can tune a HKS F-Con?

adam 32

I think you should flog the FCon to someone over east as suggested.

Then with the cash you could buy an e-manage and later on add the E-01 and ignition harness for full tuning.

The e-manage is only $415 form nengun and the E-01 is $910 including shipping.

The initial advantage of the basic e-manage is that its a simple afc to begin with so tuning won't be a long and expensive process.

Hey maybe if you wash the R34 for the next 2 years Chris might let you borrow his e-mange tuning cable and software, then you can have the full 3D ignition and fuel mapping of the power FC for the price of the basic e-manage and ignition harness.

In the US people share the software and cable kit with others in their car clubs to keep the cost down, pay for it out of club fees or group buy.

yeh i asked about the e-manage in General Discussion area

i was told that overall its too expensive...

is it possible to simply buy the e-manage box (little blue thing) plug it in and pay 1-2 hours dyno time

ie total cost = $415

+ tuning???

i was told that buying the little blue box was useless as it had no tuning interface!

Originally posted by adam 32

yeh i asked about the e-manage in General Discussion area

i was told that overall its too expensive...

is it possible to simply buy the e-manage box (little blue thing) plug it in and pay 1-2 hours dyno time

ie total cost = $415

+ tuning???

i was told that buying the little blue box was useless as it had no tuning interface!

Adam,

I think you can see that the e-manage is a hell of a lot cheaper than even a PFC setup, you have to remember that the E-01 is a very funky boost controller by itself as well.

some people have an abillity to talk crap, as in the people who say things like 'the e-manage is too expensive' and 'the blue box can't be tuned'. I think you can find the answers on the trust website and unless you can't read they say what I'm telling you.

The $415 e-manage gives you AFC control just like the apexi unit (minus two rev ranges), it has 5 trim pots to adjust which won't take long at all to tune. And given that it can be upgraded easily why would you buy the apexi for more $$$ appart from the blue screen?

so by paying $415 i buy a unit which will be fully wired, installed and control the same thing as the S-AFC

im not bothered about the blue screen, ive got no-where to put it anyway

all i want is to control the fuel map, nothing else!! :cool:

how do they tune the blue box? does it hve its own interface like the SAFC or do you need software?

who is the person in perth to talk to about this? (ie installing and fitting)

adam 32, the bare e-manage box has 5 dials (trim potentiometers) built into its underside. By itself, this gives you similiar tuning resolution to a 1st gen s-afc. But if you wash Chris's car :cool: and get a hold of the software & usb cable, it extends the tuning range to a 16x16 map and lets you do other funky things, like upgrade afm's and injectors. http://www.mkiv.com/tmp/emanage/emanage_so...ual/esm/004.JPG

BTW R34, how did the tuning of the e-manage go? Anything to add?