SAU Community

where to get tints in perth

john

well summers almst here again and this time round i want tints. any recommendations on style and places to go as i know there are some dodgy operators out there. my car is the titanium colour if that makes a difference to the type of tint.

Just a tip: even though illegal tint looks cool it is illegal for a reason.

I got graphite 35 which is prety light considering some of the tints out there but u can see through it clearly at night. Guy on sheilds crs in Myaree did mine and it not a bad job and comes with lifetime guarntee. Cost me 220 all up.

I think F1 is the darkest legal available and u can only get that from solace:)

Use DMS Energy on Hutton St is Ossy Park -they are the only authorised 3M automative film fitters in WA apparently and they do an excellent job.

They have a new film called carbon black that look INSANELY dark on the outside, but is still legal and clarity is excellent from the inside.

If you are with the RAC mention it, you get a discount.

you wont get yellow stickered for 20% its not THAT dark...

and its easy. my mates brother does it for free!! hehe well thats the agreement i have with him when he did my illegal tint:D

hey dan, yeh PM me details of what you want and ill sort ya out:uh-huh:

i have f1 tint from solace on my mr2 (as seen in the avatar),

it's pretty dark but still good at night. Highly recommend it!

there was a story about a guy in Adelaide who had illegal tint, it was dark and he didn't see a cyclist, cleaned him up and ended up having to foot ALL the compensation bill because of the illegal tint voiding his 3rd party. :eek:

don't know how true it is but i have a major gripe against dark tint anyway, you can't see much at all through the car at intersections when you need to see on comming traffic etc. :cool:

i was quoted $240 from one store, accidently rang the same company (different location) and was quoted $320!

and i have fsck all glass!

i think i will be going legal, to each their own but for me i think being able to see what is happening around me at night is very important, especially when you do country driving and there are no road lights to help you see whats at 90 degrees. Also having my insurance voided in a crash would be very nasty, cheers for all the replys

yeah mine isnt that dark so i dun think i would get into trouble...i drive with the windows down anyways...

my main concern however is that people might break into the car thinking that there is stuff to steal but in the end all i have is a factory head unit.

what sux is that if those kind of people will just smash your window whether there is something inside or for the off chance of 20cents being left in the ash tray, even if they could see in and see nothing they would probably run a screw driver down the side of your car anyway...their scum...................i hate them all:mad: