SAU Community

Well Done Optima Batteries

Duncan

Just a quick plug for Optima batteries for doing the right thing!

I've got a couple of cars that don't get used much, and I got sick of having to buy new batteries every 6 months after letting them drain too much to recover; so I switched to AGM batteries. While they cost about 50-100% more than lead acid, they are very good with recovering if they ever get fully discharged.

I bought an Optima D51 from the cheapest place I could find on ebay about 2.5 years ago, and when it died recently I got back in touch as they have a 3 year warranty.

The ebay seller was very unhelpful and difficult, but after we talked a bit about warranties and fair trading he put me in touch the Graeme at Optima.

Graeme was very helpful, and once I provided a copy of the battery bar code, a battery test result from the local battery world, and a copy of the receipt, a brand new battery was couriered to me the next day.

So anyway, huge thumbs up to Optima for honouring their promises without any fuss

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

• Like 7

I bought a yellow top for my s14 back in 2007, use the car twice a month at most, have flattened the battery several times and its still cranking like a champ, even after a month of sitting around. Money well spent

• 2 weeks later...