SAU Community

Rear Window Water Squirter Wont Stop Leaking

IM-32-FK

Ive had this problem ever since i bought my r32 gtst 2.5 years ago. When i fill up the water reservoir for the window squirter's and use the rear window squirter or the front windscreen squirter, the rear squirter wont stop leaking water until the water reservoir is completely empty. Doesnt matter which one i use, but only the single rear squirter just keeps leaking water, but if i dont use the squirters after refilling the reservoir, the water will stay in the reservoir. How could i go fixing this?

thanks

have you tried unplugging the washer motor while it is happening? Sounds almost like it is staying on slightly after activating one or the other.

I would have a bit of play while it is happening. Unplug the motors on the washer bottle. After they are electrically disconnected, if they still leak, squeeze the line to stop flow and then after a few seconds release it again and see if the water flows again

then report back

Your washer bottle is mounted lower than your rear window squirter so it can't drain unless you are parked on a hill. So it has to be as 89CAL said, the motor is not turning off or something.

You could also try pulling out the fuse for the washer motor and seeing if that stops it happening, same as unplugging but easier to get to. Just check what else that fuse does.......you may not be able to if it is also the fuse for other functions {I can't remember atm].

I hate things on my car that don't work. No matter how stupid lol

Theres not an awful lot that can be wrong with the washer circuit, and it should be fairly easy to isolate where the problem is

my rear window squirter would squirt when I would hammer down on the skinny pedal. It's like the sloshing would have enough force to squirt out of the nozzle. I just unplugged the line to the actual squirter and stuffed a bolt into the line. Was tired of having a money shot across my rear window all the time. I removed the wiper so I couldn't wipe it off while driving. Eventually I'll just remove the whole system and plug the holes in the glass.

its possible that they run a spring loaded check valve to stop water coming out unless there is say 2psi in the line. But I didn't think they ran one. Might have a quick look

Edit: Did a search in FAST and R33's do have a check valve for the rear wiper

R32's do also, P/N - 28938-05J00, $12.33 from Amayama

Should be just before the rear washer jet if you trace the line back

Edited by 89CAL