SAU Community

Hit a roo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers Ewan, i think the 1st pic are just standard Series 2 lights? but the second one is perfect!!

basically they just have a chrome backing instead of the black, and it really gives the car a cleaner and different look.

if you have a look in the recent ACT postabout the $10000 4 door by KNYTESTORME, you'll see the pics of the chrome headlights....and a few posts from me bugging him for them :cheers: i'll attach a link from the thread.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19255

but Veilside, thought you'd want to spend your money on getting more ponies before anything chrome :)

yeah i do!!! each headlight= 15kw!!! are you new to the scene or something?? lol :P

sides everyone knows chrome makes stuff go faster!!

Yeah Tosh, i know it's a series 1. I was showing the difference between the Series I lights, and the 4-Door lights.

I have a Series II, i know what my lights look like :P

i hit a roo in my old kingswood at about 80kph, cost me $39 to repair damage, you couldn't kill that car. only busted the headlight and cracked the indicator. the roo was gone when i stopped too, i was only 200m from my front gate.

canberra is probably the only city where you'd see roos jumping down the main roads. i've seen them on belco way, ginnindera drv, even barry drive. someone needs to cull the bastards to stop more things like this happening, it could really hurt someone if they weren't paying attention and hit one at full pace.

I feel your pain Shell.

I hit one the day I got the GTR registered.

smashed the front right indicator, gard and F/Bar

:D

not a happy boy at all.

I thinks I see a respray comming on tho. :)

Do anyone know if you can get Glass Gards for the 32 GTR?

or where I can source an indicator for under $400

I have try'd :type:

but got :dump:

so I'm gunna go :69:

;)

thanks Stirlo :P

Glass guards??? wtf are they?

and as for my car, someone has offered me a headlight for $300....this seems like alot?? does anyone know what they are actually worth?

Do anyone know if you can get Glass Gards for the 32 GTR?  

yeah man i saw somewhere (name escapes me atm, sorry) there was a fibreglass GTR front bar and front quarters for R32 GTS shape, maybe they'll suit, cos its the guards that are "wider" rather than the body/hanging points???

Headlights usually go for about $500 for a pair second hand :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the damage Shell, the roo probably hopped away with a big bruise... You'd be surprised how resilient they are!!

hey shell, go check out the for sale section, there is a guy selling a front left R33 headlight, im not sure if thats what u need cause i forgot and cbf checking the whole thread again. but its like $50

Shell needs the Right hand side :rolleyes:

Shell, there's another thread here from a guy who's friend crashed his car. PM him and see if the Headlights are still good.

thanks Andrew, but as Ewen said i need the drivers side :)

damn $50 would have been great though!!

just got a price from a wrecker in Adelaide, $275 + $35 postage....so I guess around 300 seems to be the going price for one

kinda rules out getting the 4-door ones, cos I can't afford two :D

hmm i guess u cant really wait around to find a good price either hey?

theres another one being wrecked in the forsale section and its in canberra, but the front panels and headlights are the only things not being sold, grrr. sucks hey?

there are cheaps ones out there but its just hard to find them quickly