SAU Community

Compression/radius Rod Interchangability Between Awd/rwd

benriches

I can't seem to find an answer on this - My compression rod balljoints have been knocked for my RWC, so i'm having to locate new compression rods.

AWD rods look different to the RWD ones, but I believe they have similar dimensions?

Anyone able to shed some light?

RWD

image.jpg

AWD

5004l.jpg

Sounds like a bit of a cop out on the part of the workshop. Ball joints are commonly replaced wear items. I don't know the M35 suspension components off the top of my head, but I there are a few listings on ebay. I wouldn't be surprised if there were common parts with infinitis.

No, the balljoint in the compression rod is not replaceable.

Just buy the correct AWD part; you can source a G35X (AWD) component out of the US for the same price as the 350Z arm anyway

No, the balljoint in the compression rod is not replaceable.

Just buy the correct AWD part; you can source a G35X (AWD) component out of the US for the same price as the 350Z arm anyway

RWD part in AUS is $80 delivered - AWD part from US is at least $350 delivered.

Wouldn't happen to know where I could find one for cheaper in the US or even in AUS?

RWD part in AUS is $80 delivered - AWD part from US is at least $350 delivered.

Wouldn't happen to know where I could find one for cheaper in the US or even in AUS?

Try Amayama.com , or partsouq.com ; much cheaper.

I'm sure you guys have checked it out, but how can a ball joint be "non-replaceable". Do you mean you can't find a ball joint in the right spec, or is it glued in with magic glue?

a few skyline arms have been listed as having non-replaceable ball joints over the years but sooner or later aftermarket will do them in the right size....I can see why Nissan parts aren't interested when they can charge you $500....

I have never actually seen a flogged ball joint on the compression arm, but I guess some cars are getting on a bit. Usually it's just the bushes that go. Are you sure he didn't mean those?

I have a couple of spare second hand arms here if you need them.