SAU Community

Vct Oil Feed Effect Pooling In Head?

Pridenjoy

After a couple hours search I am unable to find a definant answer. My fresh 25/30 engine of roughly 6000km is starting to breath with hard street driving. Engine has a nitto pump, 1.5mm with the other blocked, returnes enlarged, sump vented to valve cover, running fuchs 25-60 oil.

My main question is, I'm not running vct but have done the internal mod todo so, and have blocked the vct oil drain. Now, does the vct oil drain, ONLY drain oil from the vct feed?

Cheers lads

Sump breather is t'd to the valve cover fitting, so basicly bypassed the valve cover and goes straight to the catch can. Il have a read of the tread.

Roughly tops 90 psi as the pump still has both springs.

I have always thought the 25-60 is very thick but a reputable rb tuner in my area swears by it. Probably so thick it won't drain back quick enough.

OK straight to catch can is fine. So when you say its starting to breathe what do you mean? Where is the problem evident? I use Motul 5W40 .

Can't answer your question about the vct oil drain - have you got a Neo head and why isn't the vct working? Why have you blocked the drain?

Pushing probably 300ml of oil after a few short full throttle runs. Non neo head. My engine was just never tuned with vct as the tuner was not aware it was functional. I figured it would be easier to block then run a hose if it wasn't in use.

I'm thinking a lighter oil, plumb up the vct drain and see how it goes.

I was more interested to hear if the vct drain had any impact on pooling.

Cheers.