SAU Community

Brake Pads For V-spec Gtr R33

Hi all,

I have a 95 GTR R33 V Spec. I have installed new RDA EBC rotors - dimpled and grooved with Hawk HPS - Ferro carbon breaks. I'm finding the breaks don't give enough bite, and would like something that is good for the track and road. As I'm I'm looking to track the car as well, with the use of it on weekends, I'm after something that will give a bit more bite without the squeal.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by CU's GTR

Can't find any specs on those pads. What made you pick those? In saying that I was told this morning a friend just did a track day and used hawk pads and they were fine.

Check out the brake pad thread http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/169972-brake-pads-users-ratings-guide

Two points about those pads that are full of holes; I'm so punny.

This material offers ease on your rotors

Hawk HPS Brake Pads have a 20-40% longer lifetime

Should have gone with the EBC Yellow stuff pads, rated to 900, good pedal feel and reasonable bite, great for street and track.

I just happen to have another box of them sitting on my desk to go onto my FG XR6 Turbo ute as the last front set are down to 1mm, something to do this weekend (like i dont have enough on already)

Im not a fan of too much bite, its a great way to upset the balance of the car on track, you want more bite, press harder.......