SAU Community

Airbag Light With Aftermarket Seats

Philr32

Hey everyone is there anyone/anywhere that sells the airbag harness to get rid of the airbag light once aftermarket seats are installed? If not I'll just try a 2ohm resistor, would prefer a neat plug if possible though. I've seen posts about NISMO making a harness, can't find anywhere actually selling them though.

TIA

I have been looking for the cancellation plugs myself, they are sold with Bride seats. I need a pair for a V35 but getting parts from Japan is hard with the language barrier. Nothing suitable on Yahoo afaik.

The M35 and V35 should be the same resistor as the G35 or 350z, so look up what they use.

Yes you will get an error, and yes the correct resistor will clear the error.

I assume it's not in an 1993 R32 Skyline GTST, its probably a 5ohm resistor if it's M35 or 2.7 for C34 but I'm not certain

Yea it's an M35, R32 was my old car

I have been looking for the cancellation plugs myself, they are sold with Bride seats. I need a pair for a V35 but getting parts from Japan is hard with the language barrier. Nothing suitable on Yahoo afaik.

The M35 and V35 should be the same resistor as the G35 or 350z, so look up what they use.

I had a quick look at the 350Z pages the other day and I think they said 2.2ohm or 2.7ohm, will have more of a look.

Have you tried Jesse Streeter? He's been good at tracking down random parts for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Done a bit of reading up on this, and found this thread. Wondering if the DIY in the bellow link would work with our M35's

http://g35driver.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-diy/158005-diy-cancel-airbag-light-proper-way-07-weight-sensor-bypass.html

A shame the pics no longer work. I'm going to have a look at my OEM seats and have also asked amayama if they can get NISMO airbag harnesses plus I'm going to look into the 2.2ohm resistor, see which one works out best/easiest.

I have a spare nissan yellow plug if needed. I installed one under my passenger seat as it was hard wired and sourced 2 for my 350z seats. Its a simple install but still need to solder and heat shrink. You will also need to do the airbag light reset procedure to clear light.

Edited by joshm35

I have a spare nissan yellow plug if needed. I installed one under my passenger seat as it was hard wired and sourced 2 for my 350z seats. Its a simple install but still need to solder and heat shrink. You will also need to do the airbag light reset procedure to clear light.

I may end up taking you up on that offer, cheers. Soldering and heat shrinking I can do. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Success! The 2.2ohm resistor for each seat worked. No more airbag light. I just did it this afternoon, will keep an eye on it but don't see why it should come back.

• Like 1

Success! The 2.2ohm resistor for each seat worked. No more airbag light. I just did it this afternoon, will keep an eye on it but don't see why it should come back.

Nicely done!