SAU Community

First R33 Gts T

Shing10

guessing you dont mean Apexi AFM, but rather Apexi SAFC?

does it wire into the ecu and look something like this?

apexi-safc-ii-blue-screen-1205-22-FTZone

If so, that won't adjust boost.

Or maybe you mean Apexi boost controller? not sure that they do air/fuel as well as boost though.

Here's my before and after installing SAFC2 using an R32 actuator (10.5 psi)

gallery_40758_5299_64174.jpg

Glad you're loving it man!! the love is eternal! :wub::rofl2:

Correct, Air Flow Converter - as in the image you've attached. And yes, it cant adjust the boost, the boost will be set at the solenoid (there's already a component attached to do this as previous owner overrode the factory 5psi then 7 psi to set it at 7 permanently).

Yours only had just over 100rwkw before the tune? Is that lower read out straight from the factory? What's the max torque now? looks to be about c. 530nm?? That's touching of XR6 Turbo territory!

That's a very big increase in power. The only draw back appears to be that the majority of the torque is only accessed in the high rev range. Full torque from as 2000rpm would be nice.....but then I should probably buy a new car if I was looking for that.

cool, so what boost controller is installed to get it from 7 to 12?

I assume he has just earthed the stock solenoid to make it 7 permanently?

Nah, blue lines are both before and red is after.

So power went from 170 to 182 and torque up a bit to 280.

There was no benefit below about 4000rpm so no adjustment was made low range.

OK, so have picked the vehicle up today after being dyno'd. Unfortunately, Ive noticed imperfections in the paint job inso it will be going back in Monday to get that sorted. Will be posting photos after this. VERY happy w/ the custom air intake/pod filter that has been installed - it sounds pretty awesome as well.

The dyno read out is Ft Lb and HP - Im only used to dealing w/ kw and nm.

The car has gone from 176HP to 233HP which is easy to convert to kw (131 to 171 rwkw).

The torque units are listed as following: 415FtLb to 536FtLb. However, any unit conversion I can find online converts 536FtLb to 736nm - which is clearly impossible.

Any ideas as to what's going on here??

nice improvement you must be happy with the extra power =)

No idea about that torque though, post up your sheet.

I suspect you might be reading it wrong, If you look up at my sheet 536Nm would be at about the same line as 170kw. so I think you might be reading the wrong line.

The extra power is certainly noticeable - and a lot of fun.

But no, 536FtLb is a figure given as max torque, not reading it off the graph. I havent been able to get a hold of the tuner, but will drop by Monday to see what he thinks.

hmm odd, I have searched google and cant find any measurement which converts in the ballpark.

Still keen to see the graph though =)

What is boost set at? about 8 or 9 psi?

on another subject; your post count is still 0, thats weird.....

Talking to the tuner it has a lot to do w/ the torque converter on an automatic.

He's waiting for a part that will give us a more accurate reading for torque - however, she's running 10.5psi and with 171rwkw that's a pretty good indication of where the vehicle is at. When I get her converted to manual, she should be a 200 + rwkw car no problem. Looking forward to this immensely.

Ive one final trip to the spray painter for a final buff/shine then I'll be getting some photos up. Really happy w/ the way the car looks and performs now....a lot of boot!

And yeah, no idea why I'm showing no posts? Any admins reading this????

Edited by Shing10

Here's some photos after the full re-spray.

More to come of engine and interior when I can get her out and about.

Next job is to get the auto converted to manual......

Cheers,

Shaun

post-142450-0-18093800-1461029172_thumb.jpg

post-142450-0-17064000-1461029343_thumb.jpg

post-142450-0-69827000-1461029459_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Post count is on 0 because this is still in the "Newbie Introductions" area of the forum. Try starting a build thread or asking a mod to have this one moved. And respray looks the goods. :)

• Like 2

Post count is on 0 because this is still in the "Newbie Introductions" area of the forum.

Did not know that was a thing!

Yeah looks the goods =)

Have you been able to meet up with a few of the guys yet? or go to a meet, I see theres been a couple recently

• Like 1

Unfortunately Ive been working every Saturday that the meets are on.

Hopefully one will fall on one of my days off in the not to distant future. And yeah, thanks for the comments re re-spray - she looks really good now and am very happy w/ the job.

Now I just need to get her to a manual....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I got my Skyline back c. 2 weeks ago (after 6 weeks transported from Alice Springs to Canberra and in storage in Adelaide).

Currently in at Import Parts and Mechanical getting manual conversion done.  Im also having a short shifter installed.

Will post photos when I get her back!

Once she has gone over the pits at Dickson to swap to ACT reg' - I'll be getting some more work done as I want to hit the 200rwkw mark! (she's currently at 171rwkw).

I've heard that the Dickson motor registry hate modified vehicles so Im expecting to fail on a few things - does anyone have any experience w/ the motor registry that they'd like to share??

See you out on the road soon!

Nice work, Shaun. Everything is going along smoothy!

If you experience any over heating issues send me  PM, i have a radiator fan shroud.

Dickson is ok, just be polite, honest, and let them do their job :) 

4 hours ago, Trex said:

Nice work, Shaun. Everything is going along smoothy!

If you experience any over heating issues send me  PM, i have a radiator fan shroud.

Dickson is ok, just be polite, honest, and let them do their job :) 

Thanks for the offer mate.  I'm hoping she will be OK in Canberra - I used to run her in the Alice Springs summer (40 +) w/ the aircon on full ball and never overheated.  Although when I come back up the Brown or Clyde will be a test.