SAU Community

Going E85 - Fuel Tank Saddle Transfer Hose For Jet Pump

Hi Fellas,

Going e85 in my r34 gtr and am changing all the normal fuel line hoses, but noticed there is a hose that goes from the passenger side saddle of the fuel tank up to the jet pump in the fuel tank cap.

Have peole been changing this to ethanol compatible hose or is it ok? I'm not sure if it's rubber or plastic... It looks like you'd have to drop the tank to get to where it goes into the saddle, or is there another way?

Edited by burn4005

Gates barricade MPI.

It's a brand new engine so its getting new fuel hose. 16 year old factory ones are not worth the risk of a split/leak and its a few hours to do (including fuel pump and submersible hose)

Edited by burn4005

Gates barricade MPI.

It's a brand new engine so its getting new fuel hose. 16 year old factory ones are not worth the risk of a split/leak and its a few hours to do (including fuel pump and submersible hose)

New fuel hose is fine, just don't do it because you're switching to E85...as mentioned above it's not nearly as corrosive as some downramping companies made it out to be lol

In the 4 years I've run it I've had one split and that was from a shitty, non-fuel hose clamp that was tightened too much and dug into the rubber.