SAU Community

Would I Definitely Need A Vass Cerftificate For Rwc Of An N/a+t

Just got a quick question, might seem abit dumb but i have searched the forum and have not find anything too much related to my question.

As the title says: Does an N/A engine with a turbo installed definitely need a VASS to pass RWC? As under my awareness there is no mention of that in the "Engine" section of the RWC requirement from Vicroads, while in the "Modified Vehicles" section it seems that as long as it does not affect the vehicle's handling, structural integrity of compliance with the standard for registration, then it wont need a VASS? Is there sort of like a grey area in this context of whether a VASS is needed?

Also because the engine is an N/A, does it mean that i also HAVE to past the ADR emission test too?
If there is anyone who know any RWC place that can help me pass an N/A+T without VASS feel free to message me, as that would save me the trouble of un-turboing my car and putting the stock manifold etc on which i might not have to do now.
Thanks in Advance!

Just try get the rwc with turbo in place and play dumb with the mechanic. Don't unturbo until you have no choice.

hmm do u mean that if I put the "Rb25 NEO" cover on top they might not realize that the car is turbo'd?

hmm do u mean that if I put the "Rb25 NEO" cover on top they might not realize that the car is turbo'd?

Hopefully they don't realise or care that its meant to be a non turbo. Can't hurt to try[emoji6]

I've had 2 canaries while my car has been turbo'ed for too low and a few other things while on my P's, never for actually having a turbo (this was back in the power to weight days, and each time I convinced the officer I was under the power to weight) so when I had to get a RWC then go to Vicroads they all just checked the things that were marked on the canary. No one ever questioned should the car have a turbo, were you picked up for having a turbo?