SAU Community

V35 / 350z front stub axle (SPINDLE-KNUCKLE)

sicz

V35 / 350z front stub axle (SPINDLE-KNUCKLE)

Hi - my car had an accident a a few weeks ago (hit a chunk of rock that was covered by up grass on the road) and the left wheel and the steering / suspension under the car has been damaged.

Repairer has come back to me and told me most is repairable, but they will need to replace the front passenger side stub axle. He has tried to source the parts through Nissan. However, the time for the OEM part to arrive is 4 months (crazy!). We have mentioned the part is the same as found in the 350z but because they don't have anything on hand, its has to be an order sent directly from Japan. 

The part I am looking for is : http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-spindle-knuck~40015-al550.html?Make=Nissan&Model=350Z&Year=2003&Submodel=&Filter=()

It needs to be a brand new / oem part as its going through insurance.

Would anyone have any idea of any other ways to source part? Would be really great to know if there were local contacts that could source this quicker? I am located in Sydney, but anywhere in Australia would work! 

Thanks!

I really can't understand stupid delivery times like '4 months'...

What do you actually need?  the part linked above is the steering knuckle as you also specified, which I can't imagine anyone describing as a 'stub axle'.  I would think the bearing/hub assy is what most would be referring to as the 'sub axle'

However -

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?region=112&q=40015AL550

If you need the hub/bearing -

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?q=40202AL510

even if you select UAE, it will generally be here within 3 weeks  (although perhaps longer considering Christmas/New year break).

If you select the Australian supplier, it might get here before Christmas.

Thanks Sonicii!

The repairer was able to get the hub and bearing locally from Melbourne, but are having trouble with knuckle / stub. 

I know these are OEM, but since I haven't used them ever - do you know if it comes with the OEM packaging etc? Reason being is because its going through insurer repair they have a tendency to prefer local dealer stock. Hopefully they see reason in this case and use this site to get the parts here quicker!

Yes, I have bought from Amayama plenty of times, they are genuine parts and come in Nissan packaging, larger items like the knuckle would come with the genuine Nissan sticker, showing the part number, the same as you would if you bought from a dealer directly.

Excellent - cheers for confirming that. Repairer / insurer seem happy. So hopefully the part comes down here with soon without any hassles.

Thanks for your help mate!