SAU Community

Need help with R33 roof rack fitment

Need help with R33 roof rack fitment

I'm looking for advice on roof rack fitment for the R33, and/or someone with an R33 who might have time to drop by a roof rack shop (ideally one I normally use in Artarmon, NSW) in exchange for a bit of moolah.

Searches indicate Thule once produced a setup for the R33: fit kit 235 mounting 950 feet, a short roofline extension kit and square bars. Chatting with shops, it sounds more promising to instead work out what modern fit kit works with today's 754 feet. On a UK forum ben_harmer32 made use of fit kit 1228 for this purpose, but the positioning achieved by a subsequent poster with such parts looks sketchy.

• 3 years later...

I know you posted this back in 2017 but I'm traveling down the same path. I located the short roof adapter and feet but I'm still on the hunt for a working fit kit. Now the parts that match the feet are all obsolete so the information and parts are harder come by. In the 1228 setup that you referenced  it looks like the last post has pictures that don't work. In that one the bracket is too short. It doesn't allow the rubber to sit above right or the crossbar to be parallel to the ground.

Did you find a fit kit that worked? 

I'm now looking for the fit kit 2121 which has bracket 08 and rubber 26 but I've only been able to find them separated.