SAU Community

Rb25 idles but won't rev

Rb25 idles but won't rev

Hey guys. I'm a bit stumped on this one. I took my engine out in august to do a clutch and a few other things and I finally got it back in the car but now the car will start and idle but won't rev. Any throttle and it just sputters a bit. I've swapped tps, and cas to no avail. Checked the spark plugs. Boost leak tested and found some boost leaks but didn't fix the issue. Swapped out my ecu with a stock rb unit. When I first tried to start it the fuel pump didn't want to prime. It was something in the wiring by the ecu because I wiggled the wires and it came back.  Now I can jiggle the harness anywhere and not cause a change in how it runs. The car ran fine when I took it out.  Only thing I can figure is the wiring harness since it's kinda ghetto and there as the fuel pump issue. but it's acting like it has a massive boost leak or timing under throttle is way off.  Does anyone have ideas??? Thanks

Would it be able to idle if they were on backwards?  They should be on right. It worked before and the lines are much different lengths so it would be hard to reverse without knowing it

17 minutes ago, Fredward said:

Would it be able to idle if they were on backwards?  They should be on right. It worked before and the lines are much different lengths so it would be hard to reverse without knowing it

Yes it would, i'll put my hand up and say I've done it. There is no harm in trying to swap them around and check if the problem goes away.

Just a stab in the dark here but had a similar issue with my lil brothers integra when we did a major service on it. Ended up being an earth cable connecting to the water thermostat housing to the chassis, so i recommend checking all the earths/ground wires are bolted up tight.