SAU Community

R35 GTR seat?? Please look

GTR 94

R35 GTR seat?? Please look

Hey guys it's been a long time but finally in the market for a 35 GTR an would just like some opinions on this.

story goes, MY15 R35 with 12,000kms at a dealer, all looks good just can't work out why the seat is so worn? Dealer says possibly larger driver, but I'm just not sold on it can anyone give me any feedback or experience with this...

cheers ?

Pic attached

IMG_0031.PNG

Ex owner use to wear a belt and every time he got into the car, he would do it lazily and fall back into the bolster then slide down and across into the seat.

Do that 500 times as the car was likely used as a daily to work.

1 hour ago, Hadouken said:

Ex owner use to wear a belt and every time he got into the car, he would do it lazily and fall back into the bolster then slide down and across into the seat.

Do that 500 times as the car was likely used as a daily to work.

Hey Hadouken thanks for the quick reply.... I guess yeah that could be explanation. 

Anyone else have thoughts or photos of there own seats if there daily driven?? 

Yeah looks like the seat was scratched.
My Subaru wagon's seats are in pretty good shape, it's a 200,000+ km ex-country car (so depends on how well it was maintained).
Have a good look at the plastics, around the handbrake, etc.

• 1 month later...

In my option the car has seen more than 12k. The 350z I had, mine wore exactly the same so did my GT's. This is my personal opinion and is not profesional. It is more representative of around the 85k mark. The seats are a very good indicator of how a car has been used.

• 2 weeks later...

does anything else suggest it has been wound back.

looks to me like someone just hammer their seat and dosnt know how to get in and out without being a drunk walrus.

On 03/06/2017 at 10:11 AM, GH05T said:

does anything else suggest it has been wound back.

looks to me like someone just hammer their seat and dosnt know how to get in and out without being a drunk walrus.

Lol I like this and in all honesty I think "drunk walrus" is spot on.....

so just an update, I did buy this vehicle, I had it on a hoist and gave it a full once over, this car mechanically has only travelled 12,000kms, an I'm not 100% sure but I dont think it is that easy to "wind the clock back" on these cars, I'm sure you could do it but seeing the vehicle is still under dealer warranty, I wouldn't think a dealer would sell it if it had been wound back. 

Could not be happier with this car and after a quick leather detail, you wouldn't even know it was worn ?. 

Update and photos to come later ?

• Like 3