SAU Community

Help please with oil pressure gauge

R32austian

Help please with oil pressure gauge

Hey guys so I installed my Rb25det neo in my r32 Gtst everything went fine . For the wiring I bought wiring specialties complete swap kit . The only problem is that my cluster oil pressure gauge shows ZERO oil pressure all the time . I don't understand if the rb25det neo oil pressure sensor will not work with the stock r32 cluster . Can that be it ? If so do I have to put my Rb20det oil pressure unit in but if I do how do I wire that up ? The neo uses 1 wire and the Rb20det uses 2wires so I have no idea how I would do that . By the way I put new oil pump in so I do have oil pressure! Lol i looked up write ups but no one talked about how to do that . I just want my stock cluster to show oil pressure with my neo Rb25det swap in it . Any advice helps . I know that the rb25det neo 1 wire goes to the ecu but the Rb20det has 2 wires and I can't find a diagram that can tell me if 1 wire goes to the ecu and the other is a ground or what!!!! 

Thanks 

IMG_2097.JPG

Just because you put a new oil pump in, doesnt mean its working. I thought r33 and 32 oil pressure sensors were the same so assumed r34 would be the same as well. Did you get any sort of wiring diagram with the wiring kit?

So the wiring diagram only shows what wires go to where, but for Rb25det neo but for some reason my gauge won't work now . Have anyone here done a rb25det swap in there r32 and what have they done ? 

How do I know my oil pump is working ? It's fairly easy to install . It's not my first time installing a oil pump so I wouldn't think it's not work . 

IMG_2104.PNG

While its a good idea, not all oil pumps work this way. RB oil pumps are pretty good at this. I usually pull the CAS plug off mine and crank it a bit after changing oil. But even without doing this (and even when I started my rebuilt engine for the first time), Oil pressure builds up pretty quickly

As I said though, Priming it before starting will ALWAYS be better than starting it without priming.

I've heard of old Land Rovers (I think?) needing to be primed after a service or they won't pickup oil.

1 hour ago, 89CAL said:

While its a good idea, not all oil pumps work this way. RB oil pumps are pretty good at this. I usually pull the CAS plug off mine and crank it a bit after changing oil. But even without doing this (and even when I started my rebuilt engine for the first time), Oil pressure builds up pretty quickly

As I said though, Priming it before starting will ALWAYS be better than starting it without priming.

I've heard of old Land Rovers (I think?) needing to be primed after a service or they won't pickup oil.

So i will try your technique, unplug the cas and give it couple cranks . I still think that's not the issue because my oil cooler was empty and now it's full of oil but let's try