SAU Community

Help: Engine light - boost pressure sensor

Hello all.

Hope you're doing good.

I have a little problem with my R34 GTT. suddenly, I have Engine Light on.

I read the Ecu with Nissan Data Scan, and I have Error code 26, Boost pressure Sensor.

When I accelerate the stock boost Gauge change

How can I check if the sensor has a problem?

Thanks a lot.

I need to solve that to pass the MOT

There are 2 MAP sensors.  The one for the gauge has nothing to do with the ECU.  The other MAP sensor (what the ECU is calling the boost sensor) is used by the ECU to tell when you have boost and to ensure that you do not have too much boost.  So, the fault code can either be because the sensor has died or become disconnected, or it can be because you have increased the boost too much and the ECU knows what you did last summer.  If you have wound the boost up that far on the stock ECU, then it will be no faster than it would be at lower boost, because the ECU will have dropped in all the fuel and taken out all the timing.

On 4/11/2018 at 3:33 PM, GTSBoy said:

There are 2 MAP sensors.  The one for the gauge has nothing to do with the ECU.  The other MAP sensor (what the ECU is calling the boost sensor) is used by the ECU to tell when you have boost and to ensure that you do not have too much boost.  So, the fault code can either be because the sensor has died or become disconnected, or it can be because you have increased the boost too much and the ECU knows what you did last summer.  If you have wound the boost up that far on the stock ECU, then it will be no faster than it would be at lower boost, because the ECU will have dropped in all the fuel and taken out all the timing.

I just have stock boost with 2stage boost disconnected.

I cleaned he sensor pins and plus pins but same thing. I think I have tonreplace boost sensor.

You are not listening.  There are 2 boost sensors.  I'm not talking about the factory boost solenoid.  I am talking about boost sensors.  OK, we're mixing terms.  They are both MAP sensors.  One runs the gauge.  The other is connected to the ECU and the ECU uses it exactly as I said in my first post.  THAT is the one that has some sort of problem.  Have you removed it?  Disconnected it?  If so, then there is your problem.