SAU Community

MY Impul V36 skyline and OBDII compatable

I am a new owner of a skyilne 370GT V36 and it came with a IMPUL ECU and throttle bodies. I cant find any data on the web if ECU communicates in any of standard  OBD-II protocol systems.

There are a few reason i need to know what it is capable of. One is I need to have a second key fob programed. can any body point in a direction of information on this problem before i spend money 

Only to be informed its not compatible with what ever is plunged into it. 

The ECU is great the car has no speed limiting and the red line it 8000 rpm and it goes like stink. But if it locks me out of standard maintenance then it all goes for nothing.  

Edited by toranarod
typo

I have a V36 370GT sedan and am using a Garmin OBD-II dongle to my sat nav with 100% success. I believe that as the V36 is federalised and was a global car as Infiniti G37 it uses the standard protocols unlike the Japan only cars.

As for getting a key done, I know for a fact, because they programmed my second key, that Luxury & Performance Cars in Bayswater Victoria can do this.

3 hours ago, nickcorr said:

I have a V36 370GT sedan and am using a Garmin OBD-II dongle to my sat nav with 100% success. I believe that as the V36 is federalised and was a global car as Infiniti G37 it uses the standard protocols unlike the Japan only cars.

As for getting a key done, I know for a fact, because they programmed my second key, that Luxury & Performance Cars in Bayswater Victoria can do this.

I have located Luxury & Performance Cars in Bayswater on the net and i will be giving them a call. I will let you what they say. 

Thank you. 

On 5/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, toranarod said:

I have located Luxury & Performance Cars in Bayswater on the net and i will be giving them a call. I will let you what they say. 

Thank you. 

I have established OBD-II communication with the IMPUL ECU in my Japanese delivered V36 370 Skyline. For anybody using the after market IMPUL ECU the protocol seem to be ISO15765-4CAN (11bit ID, 500 Kbaud) .  ?