SAU Community

100% PnP Performance Ignition Coil Upgrade | 5-0 Ignite

1593609333_Coils-PhotobyLeonDamon_edit02.thumb.jpg.1d074f24f11db7ac13e41a619639f30a.jpg

1428921425_5-0IgniteLogo.thumb.jpg.d4f1f9890e1bbd928c901187d026e946.jpg

5-0 Ignite is proud to offer SAU members and Nissan enthusiast an alternative option for 100% plug and play coil pack upgrade, utilizing Audi R8 coils, that are known to perform without breaking the bank. We aim to solve common problem of spark blow out at high boost levels as often experienced by many owners which often resulted in dyno down time, performance/efficiency sacrifice, running ridiculously small spark gap and associated costs. We were hugely satisfied with the R33 GTR test vehicle running our kit which yielded 603 whp @ 27 psi with off-the-box 0.9mm BKR7E spark plug gap with plenty more to go, more on that here: https://www.50ignite.com/blog/technical-blog/coils-aint-coils/, (we couldn't achieve this on the previous 2 different brand coil setup).

All of our products are designed, manufactured and tested here (except for other manufacturer's buy-in product) in Perth, Western Australia. We are slowly expanding our product lines with items that we consider as 'worthy' or supporting upgrades. For now, we have these kits on offer:

• R32 GTST - RB20DET
  • R32 GTR - RB26DETT
  • R33 GTST - RB25DET S1
  • R33 GTST - RB25DET S2
  • R33 GTR - RB26DETT
  • R34 GTT - RB25DET NEO
  • R34 GTR - RB26DETT
  • S13/S14 - SR20DET
  • S15 - SR20DET

Check out the full product line on offer here www.50ignite.com at introductory pricing.

1406517774_R33GTSTRB25DETS1edit01.thumb.JPG.179f1466ca7f4994570888323fa63376.JPG

1308114495_RB25S1Harnessedit01.thumb.JPG.8bb3c5d6cc895d69da4fd466a95553f6.JPG

1081453506_Audiconnector1edit01.thumb.JPG.013faae6947e70517454e8077fc93159.JPG

Additional information and features

Our RB to Audi R8 coil conversion harness features;

• 100% Plug and Play. Remove your old OEM loom from the connectors, plug your new one in.
  • Bypasses the OEM igniter completely (where applicable).
  • Teflon F.E.P wire insulating material capable to withstand higher temperatures than OEM PVC insulation and resistant to most oils and chemicals.
  • 2.0mm2 wire conductor cross section area for the constant power and power ground.
  • 1.5mm2 wire conductor cross section area for signal and signal ground.
  • OEM specification weather proof connectors.
  • P.E.T wire braided sleeve and connector boots.
  • Heat shrink with built in glue for good adhesive strength.
  • Professionally crimped terminals.
  • Separate power ground and signal ground terminals to avoid ground loop.
  • 2-step cross-checking process, bench tested and tagged to ensure a guaranteed start and product traceability.

If you have made variations to your setup (i.e. engine conversion etc) please check your ignition loom and cross reference the main connector to our pictures on the website. Should any part of the loom be close to any part of the exhaust, it must be moved or sufficiently protected from thermal damage.

We do not incorporate a wire loop in our harnesses for use with an inductive timing light as our experience proves it to be an unreliable source. To set ignition base timing, we recommend the use of coil on plug extension lead (such as DAT-Equipment TE010 or the like) to latch your inductive clamp onto for a much more reliable reading.

Our RB20/RB25/RB26 conversion mounting plate features;

• Direct bolt on with all fasteners provided.
  • Coil packs can be removed individually from the mounting plate when installed.
  • Correct indexing of coil pack placement.
  • Provides lateral support on the upper body of the coil pack (removes dynamic bending stresses on the fragile spark plug in comparison of when no mounting plate is used).
  • Precision cut Aluminium plate.
  • Stainless steel stands.
  • Incorporates loom holder for a clean ‘tucked’ look.

The coil packs we feature;

• 100% genuine Denso Audi R8 ‘smart’ coils. Trust the Japanese brand.
  • Coil packs have built in igniters.
  • Made in Italy, sourced from a reliable supplier. Manufacturer’s 1-year warranty.

Shipping available worldwide, trackable and insured.

For further information/orders, head to www.50ignite.com or send an enquiry to [email protected]

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, BlackBox said:

Can the coil cover be installed while using these? On Rb25 neo using gtr covers..
Also what are the opinions on when something like this is required over oem or splitfire?

The valley cover cannot be used with the conversion kit.

Good set of OEM or splitfires are fine if you have a mild build but the limits will be found when you start pushing higher boost/power and realise you have to tighten the plug gap down severely to 0.5mm or 0.4mm in some cases. Big HP lads upgrade to Audi R8/LS/R35 coils for that reason so they don't suffer from combustion efficiency problem or spark blow out running at optimal gap.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• A31 is pretty much the same thing without HiAIDS I mean CAS, no improvement lol. Not to late to send it.
    • Thanks for all the replies! I also wanted to ask if wheels that were fitted on Ford Falcons would fit the 350GTs as well? In the area I'm at there aren't that many options for secondhand wheels and new ones here are way out of my budget. From what I've seen, most of the wheels that are available that were fitted on Ford Falcons have an offset of +33 to +36, with a centre bore of 70.5mm whereas the stock 350GT's ones are 66mm, can't seem to find any hubcentric rings that fit that difference though. 
    • 215/45/18 tyres are probably a little on the low side compared to the factory tyre, it should be closer to a 245/45/19, which will get you about an extra 11mm of height, and should make you speedo read a bit closer to reality. 245/45/19s will be a bit too far the other way and you risk a speeding ticket as your speedo might read slower than your actual speed.  245/40/19s would be correct if you are going to 19in rims, they will give you a similar total diameter to the 245/45/18 tyres.  
    • That's something I forgot to put in my list. The aggressive anti-squat in R32 is a f**king menace. I still need to decide if I'm going to drag the subframe out of my car and weld in the GKTech corrector kit. The main reason to dither is the need to switch to spherical joints in the lower arm to account for the twist induced in the rear pivot caused by lowering the front pivot. And yes...we do put better subframes in R32s, and I wish I'd gotten an S14 one instead of an A31 when I did the "take off and nuke it from orbit" HICAS delete all those years ago.
    • I have been looking at some setting on the alarms for the Q60 and what buttons do and so and also been looking for details on the alarm in my V37 which is a standard issue with the car. settings like window roll up and a few others seem to not work at all. i cant seem to find exact info on V37 alarms so Q60 is all i can really go off i have not tried 400Z alarm settings or info yet so that will be next. any one got like a sheet of info on the alarm system in the V37 as all my documents are in japanese but i thought the system would basically be like standard through similar models?