SAU Community

New style Nismo carbon pillar garnish r33

Ty1

Hey everyone, as some of you know the 'old' style nismo carbon garnish doesnt age the greatest and looked quite cheap after a while. After seeing the new nismo logo, i knew i had to have a set. I've taken a couple of pics for comparisons...even though the differences are subtle, the new logo sits up a tad higher and seems to be of a much better quality. This is on an r33 gtst20181024_161236.jpg20181024_160727.jpg

Thanks for the interesting comparison mate.

Call me nuts, but I actually find the older CF pillar more tougher with the lighter less glossy finish and looks more tougher in my opinion. The logo itself is exactly the same except for the letter O. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the interesting comparison mate.
Call me nuts, but I actually find the older CF pillar more tougher with the lighter less glossy finish and looks more tougher in my opinion. The logo itself is exactly the same except for the letter O. 
Cheers
Your right with the older ones looking tougher. I do prefer how the older one is actually a thicker sticker. I felt ripped off when i saw how thin the new one was lol and hopefully the 'o' is less susceptible to fading compared to the older nismo logo, which was my main reason for replacing them. Now If only they re-released the 'nismo' gtr wing end caps with the new logo [emoji57]

4 minutes ago, Ty1 said:

Your right with the older ones looking tougher. I do prefer how the older one is actually a thicker sticker. I felt ripped off when i saw how thin the new one was lol and hopefully the 'o' is less susceptible to fading compared to the older nismo logo, which was my main reason for replacing them. Now If only they re-released the 'nismo' gtr wing end caps with the new logo emoji57.png

Yep totally ageeed mate...but, the new one looks  much newer and clean! I have the older garnish on my R33 GTR and the bottom ends are starting to break a little but seeing it’s an older car I don’t mind it looking a little brittle. ?

you can certainly get the Nismo and caps directly from Nissan or good online stores but it only shows on one side as Nismo mirrored obviously won’t look right and having it read from left to right on the left side is a bit funny.

Hi guys, ant chance somebody could tell me how the original garnish is attached to the B pillar. Someone has tried to use a master key to break in and busted one of mine off at the top. TIA 
I've never had to remove one but to me it looks like they sort of clip in as i was able to slightly move it up and down while applying the garnish

You need to unscrew a few bolts holding it against the side wall trim. There’s also a few plastic clips holding it in place. Removing the door/wall trim is done with unclipping some points with a flathead screwdriver but be gentle as it can break.

2 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

You need to unscrew a few bolts holding it against the side wall trim. There’s also a few plastic clips holding it in place. Removing the door/wall trim is done with unclipping some points with a flathead screwdriver but be gentle as it can break.

Thanks tor the advise. 

Yep totally ageeed mate...but, the new one looks  much newer and clean! I have the older garnish on my R33 GTR and the bottom ends are starting to break a little but seeing it’s an older car I don’t mind it looking a little brittle. [emoji106]
you can certainly get the Nismo and caps directly from Nissan or good online stores but it only shows on one side as Nismo mirrored obviously won’t look right and having it read from left to right on the left side is a bit funny.
The actual nismo stick-on end caps through nissan?? Im talking about the caps with the word 'nismo' printed on them. I know you can still get the ones with gtr printed on them but i havent seen brand new nismo ones for years now [emoji22]

5 hours ago, Ty1 said:

The actual nismo stick-on end caps through nissan?? Im talking about the caps with the word 'nismo' printed on them. I know you can still get the ones with gtr printed on them but i havent seen brand new nismo ones for years now emoji22.png

Hey mate sorry I mistaken the GTR ones for the Nismo ones. 

You mean these ones?

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fz3aU8tL.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2F4M5Yy&docid=yFPgnAWXw7Lv6M&tbnid=F3JSp1gCgtOeBM&vet=1&w=480&h=360&client=safari&ved=2ahUKEwiou7nBs6beAhVigEsFHfPVCqUQMygAegQIABAw

Edited by Robocop2310
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ty1 said:

All good man. Yep there the ones emoji5.pngemoji106.png

Hey mate, personally I don't think it you should have Nismo end caps unless you're going for the R33 Nismo 400R look with bodykit and similar wheels and the works. I have GTR end caps on and find it looks best but each to his own of course but agree hardly see them around unless it's been self fabricated.

• Like 1