SAU Community

250GT VS 350GT

Hi I am looking at purchasing either a 350gt or a 250gt and cannot decide which one, I have driven both and loved them both , I only drive about 7 km to work and back so was wandering if the fuel consumption difference would really be noticeable, I am also planning on doing some road trips only about 2 to 6 hour ones, so would like to hear your opinions about both thanks

The VQ35 motor is a sweet thing, and had an almost permanent spot on "Wards 10 Best Engines" list for quite a number of years. I'd buy a 350 over a 250 any day. The fuel consumption difference wouldn't even enter my mind, but I doubt it would be much over your commute.

Since your looking at a sedan, the 250GT is also the 'base model', comes with a 4sp auto only, etc, but you can usually pick one up very cheap.

350GT in the sedan only comes in the 'premium' version, comes with a 5sp auto, 6sp manual, also comes with a CVT but be wary of these as they are an orphan type of CVT and very few people know anything about them if it gives you any grief.

the VQ35 is not direct injected like the VQ25, so you won't have the issues of the intake gumming up every 40-50k km.

Probably easier to find parts too as mechanically they are near identical to a 350Z.

Personally I would go with the 350GT if you have the option.  my 6sp sedan returns around 10.5L/100km with light urban driving and around 7.5L/100km on the highway.  Not sure what the 250 would do, I suspect a little less.