SAU Community

Difference between series 1 and series 2 stage C34

Yotis

Hello all,

Information gathering time... Just some questions regarding the series two of C34, as the M35 seems to be out of my price range atm and I need to make up my mind on series 1 or series 2 of the C34.

Here goes..

What is the difference between the C34 series one and series two in interior?

What is the difference between the C34 series one and two in terms of performance? I vaguely remember that I have asked about this in the past and the series 1 has the normal RB25DET where the series 2 has the neo 6 ?

What are the price ranges between the two series ?

What is the cost difference in complying costs between the two series here?

What other differences is there between the two series?

If there is a link to these question, can you post up the link? Google dont seemed to be much help in the searching area.

Thanks heaps in advance.. :cheers:

headlights/front grill change - tail lights and rear door "trim" between tail lights changed as well, r33 style rb changed to neo 6 (note, the r33 style engine still had the r34 style ecu plug), i havent noticed any obvious interior changes, but the manual facelift ones got a dashboard without the cutout for auto transmission lights

i think there were a few more i had noticed, but i cant remember them right now

Big difference is price,

Average price of 1,200,000 on a 1999 Stagea 4WD 25T RS FOUR V WGNC34 66,000 klm grade 4.

Average price of 650,000 on a 1997 Stagea 4WD 25X FOUR WGNC34 67,000 klm grade 4.

Compliance is the same over here, look at http://english.auto.vl.ru/ and it will tell the difference on both models.

you've just compared a lower spec NA to the Higher spec turbo car, there was going to be a price difference before you even took into account the ages

he he he I bought my stagea 12/96 with 85,000kms RS Four V for 320,000 FOB - stock as a rock.

BARGAIN price i might add. You just gotta be at the right place at the right time. If you are chasing a manual though you are looking big $$$$ as they are very rare. i got my hands on a theft recovery that i could of got it was 1 yr newer and had a/m mags, exhaust and body kit it wasn't a V but had leather and got it in auction for 620,000 FOB but later found that the build plate was missing and the chassis number printed into the fire wall was damaged so i didn't end up buying it as it could be too much trouble. Some other guy bought it...

That is a bargin price, it varys from which colour, auction and so on, a 92 V8 GT Soarer with 90,000 klm grade 3.5 was picked up this week for 48,000 yen. Early morning luck of the draw.

Mine came with 70,000 klm, Blitz Exhaust, Blitz Dual Stage boost controler, Blitz FMIC, Blitz turbo timer and Tein coil overs. Only problem was couple of marks on door trims and one smoke burn but for 500,000 FOB it was worth it.

I put the car back to standard in Japan had to miss the monthly boat and sold all standard parts except shocks which I want to keep.

It is cheaper to convert to manual over here but is it worth it.

Are you a dealer driftt or do you just know how to import cars for yourself? The car you got sounds pretty good and how much did it end up costing you on the road here if you dont mind me asking. :cheers:

I'm still at two minds here, as I wanted a good series 2 AWD 25T on the road in QLD (I like the NEO engines and the external look of the series 2) but not sure if it would fit into my current budget. Just got some info that I'll be looking at 15-20k for a good 97 stagea + compliance.. eeeks...

Are you a dealer driftt or do you just know how to import cars for yourself?  The car you got sounds pretty good and how much did it end up costing you on the road here if you dont mind me asking. ;)

I'm still at two minds here, as I wanted a good series 2 AWD 25T on the road in QLD (I like the NEO engines and the external look of the series 2) but not sure if it would fit into my current budget.   Just got some info that I'll be looking at 15-20k for a good 97 stagea + compliance.. eeeks...

Our RSFOUR is a Feb'97 build, it is a low option level (no sunroof/s, no leather, no woodgrain, no sat nav or tv etc). Registered, on road = no change from $17K, then add insurance $1.3K and you end up at ~$18.5K ready to drive. This compares to what you can buy in the dealers here in Sydney for $23K-$25K.

:cheers:

I am not a dealer I help set up RAWS workshops and I will have the one that I will personaly run through this week, if the gods are good to me. We will be complying only no sales as it is a major big 4 dealer.

I got my car through a friend in Japan who is a buyier for larger delers which helped putting it back to standard, which is the only reason I bought a modified one.

I got it on the road for $17,000 to $18,000 havent done sums yet, good value as far as I am concerned. CAM over here who complys them told me buy a straight 96/97 as they are cheaper and they are. I didnt save that much using friends, no brokerage fee and I knew the car, it was more I was looked after so I dont get a dud one.

He has a 99 model which does look nice but more expencive (let alone the Autech Version he has) it would take a bit to justify the extra dollars. Look at www.autowholesale.com.au as they stock about 12 or so starting at $17,999 for 100,000 klm ones and email them as they have some very clean ones for sale and coming in or not listed if you dont want to import your own.

Alot are complyied for the East as freight out of here is cheap, it is $500 cheaper for shipping over here and the market hasent taken off yet so they are the cheapest place to buy Stagea's at the moment.

I like putting information out their that helps people make their mind up and dont get ripped off like we all have in the past and I love Stagea's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...