SAU Community

1st SA post :P

Guest sir_GTR

• 3 weeks later...

I'm up for a cruise, be nice if the rain would stay away!

I've installed my catch can, braided lines & anodised fittings, & finally transfered over to SA rego' with personal plates ;)

Transfer was fun NOT! but the only thing they knocked me back for was the MOMO! WTF!?!? I didn't argue though, it could've been a lot worse :) A quick swap back to the stockie & I was done ;) Then the c/can was then fitted :lol:

Joel,

Did you get a FMIC before & after dyno?

No I didn't Matt Unfortunately.

I know before on 12.5psi it made 152rwkw with a std intake & filter 3" full exhaust & fuel pressure bleed kit.

When I had the after dyno a quick check a boost up to 14psi she made only 153.8rwkw.

The fuel ratio was around 11:1 and I saw black smokes coming out the exhaust on occasions.

There was however a heap more in the mid range, boost seemed to come on a little slower also.

For some reason it was really flattening out up top. ?

BUT...

I got home wasn't really that happy honestly so I started to fiddle removed the origional cold air intake and plumbed a ~5" duct to the origional intake in the box, I also removed the AFM mesh.

I know the removal of the mesh & cold air intake made boost come on 300rpm earlier. I did the test on Flagstaff Hill in fifth gear from 2000rpm with a flat foot before & after in the same spot.

Drivability has improved heaps and up top is heaps better now.

For example 60kays in second with no throttle, i flatten it with the 225'50 F1's with 28psi in the tyres and it starts to spin the rears then it begins gripping after a second or two.

First gear is horrid like basically it will lite up with just a little more than 1/4 throttle.

I've only done it a couple of times but with a couple of v8 commo's i've clicked in to second a little to quick and it can spin for like 4 seconds in a straight line.

it is quite fun to drive now but I need to take it easy.

I will do a dyno run before I fit the VG30BB Turbo and boost that to 1 bar..

Oh yer..

I will have to meet up with Bugalugs again and see how he goes with the 255's.. ;)

Hello 190rwkw I hope...

Hrmmm that sounds like i've been thrashing the car..

I havn't but.... well ermmmm maybe a couple of times but only to see what she can do. :)

I can't wait for the up top performance of the VG30 terbs..

I can see what ppls mean how the std turbo's run out of puff.

Sounds good mate ;)

@ the 215+rwkw mark I removed my AFM screens & it didn't do a damn thing! I was way out of the AFM voltage range by that stage anyway.

You'll really start to see the benefit of the FMIC once the VG30 is fitted @ tuned.

It'd well worth getting your ECU re-tuned by Tilbrooks straight after the VG30 is installed (~$500 I think?) You'll really unlock the extra grunt then! Unfortunately Tim doesn't do stock ECU re-tuning so Tilbrook is your man.

With decent grip you'd give 'Bugs a good look @ your tail lights ;) With the VG30 & a re-tune you'd probably give me a good look too! Unless we do a 3rd gear rolling run :uh-huh: :)

I need some 265 FM901's, with the Falkens I get w/spin all through 2nd.