SAU Community

Auto --> Manual r32 help!

Hi all..

jUst need a little help..

My car has just come in from japan and has had a auto to manual conversion while it was over there. I've come across a couple of problems where i'm trying to determine if the right parts have been used.

For starters the xmember was on backwards and only held on by 2 bolts. I've compared it and am pretty sure its a manual xmember.

I have tried to turn it around but i can't get it to bolt in, the gearbox seems to be out of alignment.

I'm didn't think the gearbox would need force to get it into position.. does it?

I was also wondering if an auto and manual tailshaft is the same? I thought it may still have an auto shaft in it which may be too long. ?

Anyone had similar problems?

Anyone got a picture of a manual gearbox xmember for some reasurance?

Trav

boy.. scary..

tailshafts are meant to be different .. sounds like they've just shoved the box to one side.. used the auto cross member (that generally doesnt have the right bolt positions like described) and bolted it all up.. means the tailshaft is all out of whack which will **** unis, diff, and who knows what else.

Has it been run in that state? or was it converted just before it was put onto the boat.

how can i tell if its the auto tailshaft?

how do i tell if its a manaul crossmember?

if anyones got a side by side picture of the two that would be good!

Also is the gearbox mount (bush) the same on manual and auto?