• Welcome to SAU Community

Welcome to SAU Community, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of SAU Community by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
    • Get your own profile page, build reputation and make new friends
    • Send personal messages to other members.
    • See fewer ads!

Consider joining our newsletter for the latest content updates

Click here to register

LTSJayce

Stagea fans: tell me what you know about the AR-X Four!

I’m an R32 GTR guy, but I’m looking for a runaround and found a 2002 AR-X Four NM35. It’s an auto, and appears unmolested(which is perfectly fine by me). 110,000km on the clock... whether that’s verifiable or not remains to be seen. What issues do these cars usually present? Anything in particular to look for? If it was an 260 RS Autech I’d be way more familiar with the underpinings.... I’m not at all across this AWD AR-X!

Come at me with info!

Rust, everywhere, including inside A-pillar. 

Turbo making dyson noise, Attessa light, noisy vct solenoid. 

Sluggish gear changes

Apart from that, ARX suppose to sit a bit higher than NM35, comes with bodykit (flare), standard rear viscous lsd.

8 hours ago, West said:

Rust, everywhere, including inside A-pillar. 

Turbo making dyson noise, Attessa light, noisy vct solenoid. 

Sluggish gear changes

Apart from that, ARX suppose to sit a bit higher than NM35, comes with bodykit (flare), standard rear viscous lsd.

Thanks; this fits in with what I was thinking so far!

Are you planning to keep it stock? If so I would look for a VQ35 model which has the same power output as the VQ25DET but without the turbo to worry about or the 25's propensity to wear out the timing chain around 200,000km.

On 25/05/2020 at 11:53 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

Are you planning to keep it stock? If so I would look for a VQ35 model which has the same power output as the VQ25DET but without the turbo to worry about or the 25's propensity to wear out the timing chain around 200,000km.

Yep, stock is well preferred. I’d LOVE. 260RS, but we all know what happens there, LOL!