SAU Community

RB25det keeps Stalling???????

So i have been doing a build putting a rb25det from my written off r33gtst into my e36 BMW. It all starts and runs well apart from stalling when i give it a rev over 2000rpm. The motor is mostly stock. Aftermarket turbo, FFP and that is about it running stock ecu. The AAC has be cleaned idle set to 900rpm, im just abit lost on what would cause this to happen as there was no issues when it was in my 33, i hoped someone could give me some ideas to what could be causing this.

Thanks.

You should be getting between 35to maybe 40 pounds of pressure on the fuel rail, and as for voltage any sensor that's going to tell the engine to shut down make sure it has adequate voltage ie coils injectors knock sensors things of the such 

1. Check fuel pressure at the rail is 43-45 psi without vacuum connected on reg(block the hose off so no vac leak)
2. AFM is clean & plugged in and is around the same distance as factory away from turbo.|
3. Coils are getting 12V and grounded correctly.
4. Alternator is generating greater than 12.8V at idle
5. Fuel pump is wired and gets 12v & a good ground

Will most likely be one of these but also depends on how the loom has been wired into the bmw

thanks, i still need some parts to set up the fuel reg but will check asap. thanks for the psi stats.

will go though and check all the volts on all those parts.  I am confident that they are getting what they need, but will go over it over the next week. I am leaning towards the AFM problems so i am trying to get one i know works ans see if that changes anything. will update once i have done that.

thanks again for the info and ideas every one.

• 1 month later...