SAU Community

Cusco LSD Fluid for Front and Rear Differentials

hello! i finally got my r33 gtr, and the first thing i would like to do is a fluid change. i was doing a little research and was wondering if anyone has tried using the cusco lsd oil?

the fluids meet the gl5 80-90 spec, so i am assuming it should work.  i've had good experiences with cusco in the past, but wondered if anyone here had tried this specific fluid, and if so, what was the experience like?

cheers!

You don't need an LSD oil for the front diff. You can use one, but normal diff oil will do the job fine and more cheaply.

You do need an LSD oil for the rear diff. Assuming that it is the stock LSD, then you don't likely need anything particularly pricey/special. Again, any normal (ie Castrol, etc) LSD diff oil will do the job.

The Cusco (and other) "special" diff oils are usually designed with all sorts of additives to help tame the shitful clunking and chatter that many of those aftermarket clutch diffs exhibit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2021 at 7:33 PM, GTSBoy said:

You don't need an LSD oil for the front diff. You can use one, but normal diff oil will do the job fine and more cheaply.

You do need an LSD oil for the rear diff. Assuming that it is the stock LSD, then you don't likely need anything particularly pricey/special. Again, any normal (ie Castrol, etc) LSD diff oil will do the job.

The Cusco (and other) "special" diff oils are usually designed with all sorts of additives to help tame the shitful clunking and chatter that many of those aftermarket clutch diffs exhibit.

thanks, the oil was not much more than the others, so i went ahead and got 3 liters of it. perhaps the shitful clunking will be minimized.