SAU Community

BNR32 GTR - Driver-side window (not relay)

BourneToLive

I apologize for another window issue. I have already read through, what seemed like all, the possible solutions to this problem, but my driver side window doesn’t work. I am hoping somebody already experienced this and has an answer. The passenger side works fine.

I have already ruled out the amp relay because I replaced with a new one from Nissan and it still didn’t work, but the amp still clicks; I was told by Nissan, and forums, that the motor and regulator is unlikely to break and it must be something else. 

The problem started one day when I was rolling the window down and it got stuck. A few days later after trying to roll it up and failed, I clicked the switch down and then up and it moved, but got stuck in the same position hasn’t moved since. After replacing the amp relay, it still clicked. I also took apart the switch and retouched all the sorter joints and still no results. Passenger side still works fine. I put a test light on the connector (clipped to chassis) and the slots where it clicked (up and down) were only shining dim, instead of the usual bright light. I checked the fuse under the hood as well, and it was fine but when I reconnected it, I heard a click in my dash. 

I’m burnt. If anyone has had this problem, please help. It’s been a month. I’m trying everything before buying a new motor and regulator. 

This is the result of using a test light. I recommend lowering the volume because my gauge beeps loud. When I touch the test light to the up and down signal wires, it shows a dim light. But When I engage the window switch, the light shuts off. When I touch the test light to the main power wire, it shines much brighter. Sorry for recording in 4k.

IMG_3631.MOV

Edited by BourneToLive

Test for 12v at the main switch plug, test for 12v at the reg motor plug when pressing the window switch with a multimeter, if ok, put power to the window reg. My bet is the window reg motor or bad main switch 🙂