SAU Community

Afm repair ???

Hi all,

haven’t driven my car in about 2 years and decided to drive and I think I’ve busted my afm because my air cleaner  has some of the sponge missing…car won’t idle…  is my afm busted or can a quick clean to the sensors do the trick ?? It is using a r35 afm… and damn those hks air filters… second one I’ve seen busted due to not being driven in a long while… 

ok ill have a look... also just wondering when i said second one ive seen busted.. the first one was on a friends Subaru STI... i messaged him just now and just remembered he actually managed to drive home  by unplugging his afm... so i tried doing mine as well just now but it doesnt want to idle... it started and just died instantly... anyway ill have a look... fingers crossed its still working so all i have to spend are just filters... :/ 

thanks!!! i always knew its ridiculous if some soft FOD could damage a MAF sensor... yeah there were some sponge stuck inside... a little vacuum and it is purring like a kitten. u saved me some moolah. 😘 I almost placed an order for a new sensor!