SAU Community

RB25 Help?!

Hey everyone, just been tearing down my rb25det to change a few of the gaskets and modify a few things. One of those things was adding a catch can. But I’ve run into an issue. My idiot self thought that the breathers were just screwed in.. even the slightest bit of research shows that they are intact not screw in but pressed in. I’ve already bought all the fittings for the system. So now I’m just wondering if anyone knew any good ways to remove the fittings? I’m in the Geelong area of Victoria if anyone knows someone specific, if not then just the sort of business that would be able to help me out with that?

My idea after getting them removed was to tap the remaining holes and possible get them welded on too? Thoughts on this are welcome as I’m sure more than one person has been through this. 

Well, they are just pressed in, so they just get pulled out. You have to twist and wiggle.

1 hour ago, JayJay777 said:

My idea after getting them removed was to tap the remaining holes and possible get them welded on too? Thoughts on this are welcome as I’m sure more than one person has been through this. 

I am absolutely unclear on what you mean by this. If you want to change the fittings, there are dedicated press in AN fittings that people use expressly for this purpose. Available at most places where people sell this sort of stuff for these sorts of cars/engines/projects. Like Raceworks, EFI Solutions. And eBay. And Aliexpress.

ah okay, i was mainly asking because i saw somewhere that you have to heat them up or something to remove them.

and tbh i wasnt aware you could buy press in fittings and the main reason i bought the thread in was because i though thats what the oem ones did anyway and i thought it best to try and utalise the ones i have already bought

I've recently removed mine. As mentioned if you can twist them to get them moving they come out pretty easy after that. If you're having trouble, stick something like a screwdriver or socket extension through the hole to use as a moment arm to get them spinning around.

Also as mentioned, many companies make press-in adapter fittings like so: https://raceworks.com.au/fittings/adapters/an-rocker-cover-breather-adapters/