SAU Community

Wind Noise

Kip

Hi all,

Enjoying learning about my new C34. Question for you experienced folks about wind noise. There seems to be a some around the A pillars. But for me, I think there's also some air leaking around the driver's window by the B pillar (e.g. right in my ear). Is this normal? It becomes significantly noticeable as you get up to 120kph. It gets louder as you add speed. The door seal is soft and in one piece. No rips or tears. The window appears to be seated properly. I am missing the external air deflector on the A pillar. Thoughts?

-Kip

Is it loud enough it would show on a recording?

I always thought the purpose of the weather shield was so that you could open the window a bit when it rains without getting wet. But according to marketing it does more than that:

• Reduce wind noise and maximum fresh air enjoyment.
  • Minimizes interior heat when parked.
  • Keeps your windows dry in the rain.

Yeah, whatever. It probably also ensures a long and prosperous life, greatly enhanced virility and many children and grandchildren.

Personally I haven't noticed any wind noise issues. I do have the shield on it though and drive like a grandpa.

Yeah they are frameless, this is kind of similar to a recent R33 question. The faster you go the more wind noise

Having said that, damaged seals will make it worse so it is kind of relative.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find new (or new old stock) seals for these.

Thanks all. I'll try to get a recording when I take it out next, but it sounds like it could be a feature, not a bug. I don't expect this thing to be a sealed vault like a modern vehicle, Just was hoping it wouldn't be so loud directly in my ear. Bummer that the seals aren't readily available. Good news that I can replace my missing wind deflector and save money on little blue pills.

-Kip