SAU Community

transcoolers in VIC?

inark

who sells these in VIC and how much are they usually second hand and new.

ive been looking around quite a few sites and cant find any...

i know for sure that nothing from supercheap ever goes into or on any of my cars other than oil and oil filters :P

does it matter what type u use?

For a DECENT transcooler you'd be looking at $800 upwards.

I have one of the autobarn/bursons ones, and it does SFA.

There was a thread around last week or the week before either in GA or GM with some nice kits, i'll see if i can find it.

cool thanks k.

yeah well i want a decent one...

the only mods im doing to the ceffy are to maintain the parts and cause less ware...

it has an oil cooler and an aftermarket radiator from what i can see in the pics...

i want a trans cooler and oil filter moval kit...

basically things to keep it healthy

lets think about this, right...

its just a trans cooler. an HKS logo isn't going change the way the cooler dissipates heat. it still functions to cool the heat even though its cheap... its not like we are talkign about pressure or flow issues like in an intercooler...

and all trans coolers increase the oil capacity of the trannie anyway which is a good thing in itself

the only reason i would get a more expensive one is to include a thermostat (which mine doesn't have) to let it reach operating temp that little bit quicker

up to you anyway

let us know how you go

Waz.

construction, design and build quality all play a part... it doesnt have to eb name brand it just has to do its job effectively and properly.

its like thinking those $80 oil catch cans (or even those more expensive HKS and GREDDY ones) work as well as those ones that whistlas mate made...

plus with the punishment this thing is going to be under it needs to be able to cool it well.

Ni, have you looked at the group buy of Oil Coolers that Adam and Chris are doing, maybe contact Meridian Motorsport and see if they sell the kit. I assume a trans kit may be cheaper due to the physical size, etc.

I went to their workshop yesterday and was very impressed with their service and products. They realy know their stuff, and have shown interest in supporting motorsport clubs. Andrew also bought his oil cooler from there. Mention that you are from SAU.

i waxs told today that trans coolers are only for autos???? my ceffy already has an engine oil cooler hooked up so thats not an issues

*delete* *DELETE*

lol

my bad... i thought seeing as u can get them for autos u should be able to get them for manuals to prolong its life.... obviously not :)

gees my typing was good last night... bloody beer goggles

You can get them for manuals too but I would assume it would be overkill. You only ever see a manual box oil cooler on a BIG HP engine. As well as diff oil coolers.

On a side note, R31 Rocket and SKY031 said they had cheap ones but commented that they were crap.

I would like to know how you came to the conclusion they were not suitable? If the cooler has a good stream of airflow and the trans fluid temp drops then you would think it is doing its job. What signs alerted you that it was an inferior product?

Besides that it probably didnt include a thermostat. Or is that the problem? That on short trips the trans fluid was too COLD?

couldnt really tell you what HP or torque it would be needed if in fact it is ever needed.

The only time I have seen a manual box cooler and diff cooler has been on a no expense spared dedicated circuit or strip car.

In other words, never on a street car.