SAU Community

R33 Flat Bootlid Group Buy Expression Of Interest

Spoke to the the fabricator, he said the stock brake light wouldn't fit the contours of the flat boot lid as the stock one has a bigger curve. He can graft a flat rectangular Hella LED brake light into it, but he said it would add tot he cost of the spoiler by about $100 since the lights aren't cheap. Also it'll mean 2 moulds have to be made for those that don't want the brake light.

However, seeing as most people have rear windscreen wipers, they won't be able to fit a brake repeater on the base of the window, they'll have to fit it at the top. And I don't think most people would be too keen on the taxi-look.

Your call guys.

thanks for your effort you're putting into this :rofl:

Only interested if it accomodates for the brake light @ max total price $300. Have you got any photos of the Hella LED the fabricator spoke about??

ps i know that you source complete flat bootlids (eg east bear make one) - maybe we could do a group buy on them?? because aren't they about $600 each? which is only double what we're paying for this spoiler, plus you get the weight saving, and can sell your old boot.

won't know a final price until we actually have the thing down here. ATM the estimate is $250 - $300, it won't go over that.

And for east bear ones, yeah I can get em down, can put em in a container with other parts n save on shipping, maybe even convince east bear to give a discount.

• 5 months later...