Adjustable Rear Upper Arms, Engine Dampers & More

jaik

GOODS HAVE ARRIVED IN PERTH

Follow The Links Journey Here!

NO MORE LINKS AVAILABLE - 2ND GROUP BUY STARTING SOON

LINKS ARE HERE - CALL ME ON 0422 925 440 FOR LOCAL PICKUP

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

R32 Upper Arms

Please be aware that the R32 Upper Arms and Traction rods are meant to be installed a certain way. They are not symetrical as the S13/R32 hubs are offset slightly to the subframe mounting point. If you place your link ontop of the standard one you will see what I mean. Make sure you do put them in this correct manner otherwise you may create excessive stresses on the joints etc. The same applies for the traction rod.

R33 Upper Arms

The above R32 installation instruction holds true for the R33 also, so please compare the angles of your standard arm with the new one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 18 Nov 04 - The Goods Are Here

The goods have arrived and are available for pickup. There is a pleasent surprise for those who wanted a better colour than beige for the links :)

UPDATE: 17 Nov 04 - The Goods Have Cleared Customs

BAX Global have called me to let me know the goods have been cleared and all I have to do is pay the Duty and GST and they will drop the packages off tomorrow afternoon.

UPDATE: 16 Nov 04 - The Goods Have Arrived - In Customs

Thanks to Lucas for pointing out our goods arrived yesterday!!! I rang BAX and they said the links are clearing customs at the moment and they will be in contact with the amount due etc either this arvo or tomorrow. Looks like people will be getting their goodies before the weekend :)

UPDATE: 04 Nov 04 - The Goods Have Been Shipped

Our supplier emailed me this morning to let us know the goods have been shipped thru BAX Global. Our Airway Bill # is 44431844. Our BAX Quote # is 006982156. Its all happening finally folks!!!

UPDATE: 02 Nov 04 - Final Payments

I am putting thru the final payment (as our order has since been adjusted since the last payement) and then our goods will ship tomorrow. So really if youre humming and harring about getting something now is the time to let me know. Our goods are shipping with BAX Global and I'll put up the Delivery Number when I get it so we can all track it :)

UPDATE: 1 Nov 04 - Nearly Ready for Shipment!

I got an email back from the Supplier and his goods arrived yesterday. Our order will be packed and shipped out tomorrow (all going to plan). Those people who have expressed interest please confirm if your name is on the list below. Thanks again everyone!

UPDATE: 19 Oct 04 - Some Engine Damper Success - ETAs etc

I got an email from our supplier today... the news is good... they are expecting their links to arrive on the 25th of this month, which means that we should be able to get them out of the states before the end of the month. Also, they are unsure of when the next lot of engine dampers is available, however he said he just found 5 S14 kits in the back of the warehouse, so I have told him I will take them, so S14 peoples are lucky. Will keep it updated.

UPDATE: 14 Oct 04 - More Orders Welcome

Ive spoken to the supplier and the word is still end of the month for their stock arriving. Obviously now I can take more orders for parts because they havent been shipped. So if you want anything please let me know by either PM or at the end of the thread! Apologies to those who are eagerly awaiting their goodies!

UPDATE: 7 Oct 04 - Alternate Suppliers

I received responses from 3 other possible suppliers last night and none of them can meet our requirements until the end of the month. It looks as though all these links come from the same place in Japan as all of them are awaiting shipments that are due end of the month. 1 supplier said they were waiting on 100 S13 Rear Uppers! So it looks like we will have to wait if you guys want to do that. If you want to pull out now to put your funds elsewhere let me know and I'll try and cover you. Ta.

UPDATE: 6 Oct 04

The supplier emailed me earlier in the week and informed me that he is also short on some of the other parts we ordered (short by no less than a dozen bits!). Ive now been informed that his next shipment of links is due at the end of the month. Ive asked if I can be refunded and this is not a problem. I dont think most of you can wait over a month can you? So, unless I can find them elsewhere then please let me know what you want to do. Im personally not fussed as my car isnt on the road but I know quite a few of you are very eager to get them. :D I can probably get refunded fairly quickly as I used PayPal.

UPDATE: 30 Sept 04

I received an update last night from the supplier and he has notified me that he is out of the Engine Dampers at the moment. I asked what he has left (thinking maybe he didnt have enough to complete our order) but he doesnt have any S13 or S14 in stock at all. I am awaiting a response as to when he will have more available. He has said that he hasnt sent the package now due to this delay so that it can all be shipped together, so now I have to make the choice whether to ship them separately or together (depending on the ETA). Also I guess that if the ETA is not accpetable for us then we are able to be refunded. I am hoping to have a reply about this tonight. Just another bump in the road :( If the ETA is going to be a while I'll still get the links set. Im a little peeved he didnt tell me this last week. Grrr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n Gals, Im looking at importing about 10-15 sets of Rear Adjustable Upper Arms for S13/A31/R32 and S14/S15 which will allow you to adjust the camber on the rear of your car. S13 Traction Arms and Engine Dampers are also available. We need to get a decent amount of interest to get the pricing listed below

S13 Adjustable Rear Upper Arms (also Suits R32 and A31 and 300ZX)

- S13 Rear Upper Control Arms (L&R)

- S13 Rear Upper Control Arm CloseUp

These arms have a spherical bearing at the end (commonly referred to as a rose joint) and will allow you to dial out excessive negative camber, or dial more in if you wish. Adjustments from approx +4 degrees to -4 degrees camber. They can be adjusted on the car without removal of the link. They are dull in colour and can be easily painted if you want to rice them up a bit.

S13 Rear Traction Rods (also Suits R32 and A31 and 300ZX)

- S13 Rear Traction Rods

I would recommend installing these with the upper arms, as it will allow you to adjust your rear geometry better, as the standard traction arms are not adjustable. Its not neccessary, but the two items definately compliment eachother when installed. The traction rod is located next to the Upper arm, and joins the hub carrier to the subframe. This arm is the one closest to the front of the car.

R33 Adjustable Rear Upper Arms (Also Suits R34, S14, S15)

- S14/S15 Rear Upper Control Arms (L&R)

These arms have a spherical bearing at the end (commonly referred to as a rose joint) and will allow you to dial out excessive negative camber, or dial more in if you wish. Adjustments from approx +4 degrees to -4 degrees camber. They can be adjusted on the car without removal of the link. They are dull in colour and can be easily painted if you want to rice them up a bit.

Engine Damper - S13 Kit, S14/15 Kit or Universal Fitment Kit

- S13 Engine Damper with Mounts

- S14 Engine Damper with Mounts

- Blue Universal Engine Damper

- Silver Damper Installed

The Engine Damper comes with the appropriate mounting brackets for installation into a S13. Looking at the SR and CA heads, this kit should suit both. A S14 and S15 kit is also available. Please let me know which one you require. A universal fitment kit is available for those with other cars. Colours available are Blue, Red and Silver.

Estimated Costs - Includes Import Duty + GST at Customs at Actual Buy Price:

MAXIMUM COST:

- S13 Rear Upper Arm Set (2): $225

- S14 Rear Upper Arm Set (2): $200

- S13 Rear Traction Rod Set (2): $150

- S13 Engine Damper - Suited to S13 (1): $125

- Has mounts - Can adapt to CA.

- S14 Engine Damper - Suited to S15 aswell (1): $125

- Universal Engine Damper : $115

These costs are factoring in Import duties, GST & Shipping etc, but Im trying to look at ways of lowering the import costs to save us all some more fold. They are coming from the US and will take approximately 2 weeks to arrive after all monies are collected.

Now If i can do something to save us all fold I will. These are the maximum costs. If It all comes in at a few bucks less, dont worry, I'll pass the savings back to you guys for making it all happen.

How To Pay:

Payments must be finalised by END OF OCTOBER. You can pay by either Direct Deposit or Cash. Final cash sales can be finalised at the September Silvia WA Monthly meet if you like. I will also give you a receipt so theres proof of payment. I will be attempting to put payment thru to the supplier in the first week of September.

For those people who wish to Direct Deposit, please note your SAU Member Name as the Description of the payment so I can track it. My Bank details are below:

JK

Interested Buyers:

S13/A31/R32 Rear Upper Arms (need @15 - SilviaWA taking 12 thus far)

MORE AVAILABLE!!!

Bl4cK32 - PAYMENT PENDING (Half 04/11/04, half on COD)

S13/A31/R32 Rear Traction Rods: (need @10 - SilviaWA taking 6 thus far)

MORE AVAILABLE!!!!

R33/R34 (need @10 - SilviaWA taking 3 thus Far)

MORE AVAILABLE!!!

gtstcruiser67 - Steve - PAID HALF , HALF ON COD

zanda - Alex - PAID IN FULL (cash)

bulliant47 - Ken - PAID IN FULL

skylinegeoff - Geoff - Payment Pending

Engine Dampers (need @10)

NUMBERS OK - NO SPARES ORDERED - MORE POSSIBLY AVAILABLE BUT NO R series KITS AVAILABLE :(

Edited by jaik

I am unsure of the material, but definately suitable for the application. They are manufactured by a company that makes plenty of suspension components. The prices are cheap because I got a quote on alot of arms, hence the pricing Ive advertised. Obviously i need the numbers to make the pricing ive quoted.

JK

• 2 weeks later...

It stops engines with lots of torque/power 'rocking' on the engine mounts. So it prolongs the life of your mounts and may help save some torque that is lost from the engine rocking against the mounts. I think the main reason people (with cars making less than 500hp) use them is for the look :).

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok folks, you should all have a PM in regards to your links. I am still waiting on remaining payments by some so please get them thru when you can so I can ship your links off. I will be advising each of you with your tracking numbers for shipping. The links will be leaving Perth tonight/tomorrow morning.

I have also added some vital installation instructions too!

Thanks again people!.

JK