SAU Community

rsm with shift light

R33-JET

My shift light is spliced into the Apexi RSM from memory... red wire to power black to earth and the other one spliced into the revs output line from the apexi or the revs input to the apexi I'd have to check which

i have shift light hooked up to RSM aswell, hooked it up myself, white wire from RSM is used, that wire will provide an earth when a pre-set rpm level is reached, it is best to use a relay and hook up the white wire to one side of the coil on the relay and 12v to the other side of the relay, once that is done you should hear the relay click when the rpm level is reached (providing the RSM is setup correctly).

then it is just a matter of using a globe or an LED or a cluster of LED's and hooking it up through the switching contacts on the relay, if you plan on only using a single LED there would be no need for the relay (as the RSM will only allow 200mA of current), just hook the positive 12v supply up to the correct side of the LED and the negative of the LED to the white wire from the RSM and it will work (MAKE SURE YOU FIT A 560ohm RESISTOR ON THE POSITIVE OF THE LED IF USING A SINGLE LED!), i have made up a cluster of 7 high-intensity red LED's for mine, arranged in a circle, and damn its bright.

Hope that helps, and hope it just didnt confuse things...