SAU Community

Back in the Day... R30 Skyline

NisMojo

I have recently come into possesion of a very neat and tidy 4 door R30 Skyline. And was hoping to find out about the mentioned car if anyone has any Experience with these vehicles.

And if anyone has any parts for Sale, or know of any to reply to this Post please.. any help would be appreciated...

Task List I So far...

Interior Retrim

New Tyres

New Steering wheel

Seats / Seat Covers

Mechanicals Check up

Air filter etc

(somewhere down the track - RB20DET)

in the future maybe a Bodykit, Lowered springs and Flared Guards.

See ya later

Steve

I have a hatchback version. I'm setting it up to take the L20ET that I had in my dear departed 240Z. The L20ET now has a modified RB20DET turbo on it.

You can also fit the RB20, just need to change the X-member for the R31 one.

I'm also planning on 15" rims, and some decent suspension (Pedders have stuff for them).

• 1 month later...

Good to see another R30 owner out there.

I have a HR30 GT-ES 1984 Paul Newman Special Coupe...1 of only 3 in Oz. I have also been able to get new bushes from pedders.

The car is pretty much immaculate but the steering was shite. Got a reco box and it is now a sweet thing. Got rid of all that play and slop in the steering. Funnily enough I was also able to get some new old stock centre caps from Nissan for the R30 15 inch alloys.

So how much boost do you run with the Rb20 turbo? Are they expensive to buy and put on the L20ET?

Any other worthwhile mods to a L20ET without going crazy?

Raven:D

iv got a red R30 sedan aswell

if you need i also have the complete service manual for it

my lil bro drives the R30 i drive the R33

the R30 has now done over 250,000 kms on its original engine

and still not blowing any smoke

gotta love the L24E engine

My R31 has done 266,000km in original engine and stills runs smoothly as ever. I reckon she still has another 150,000km in her too.

The RB30 sure was a nice engine as well! That's why Skylines are great cars, the engines are like rocks.

• 2 months later...

Maybe I shouldn't bring this thread back from the dead but I was wondering how NisMojo is going with his R30 mods. I've spent 5 years modding an R30 and learned a lot along the way. I also have my stolen recovery wreck sitting in a shed.... but you're in tassie. Anyway if you have any questions P.M. me or post here.

• 3 months later...

my mate has an '83 HR30 2000 GT-Turbo sedan with the L20ET, car and motor only done just over 100,000km, has full exhaust, boost control, rims, 7mgte intercooler, thats about it, holds 1.1bar all day long on stock turbo (but for how much longer?:)) goes very hard, its a bit of a sleeper! he recently put DR30 tail lights on it, looks neat. stock suspension has a massive squat when it accelerates, gotta love the squat. haha

• 1 month later...

hey, this is an old threat but... Booster, Any help would be excellent with the R30, So far I haven't been able to do much with it....

Its all being done now, I just got a new job as a Security patrol officer, which pays well, so now I can spend up on the car...

After the treatment I have given it, and the engine still runs is something to be said for the engine...

I just put a sports exhaust, new wheels, tyres etc etc...

Now I need to do more with it... the suspension needs to go, and the body needs a kit...

There is a thread in the Wasteland called "Whoops Slipped"...

Thats my Car

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The only mod to my MR30 is a big hole cut in the airbox lid, goes alot harder and sounds sweet (Hmmmm induction noises).

Where can i get a L20 Turbo? I hear the head bolts straight on to the L24 and the computer is a straight swap, making a L24 Turbo.

oh not to mention i have a worked L28E over the L24E

my front suspension is decke dout with nolathane bushes and adjustable radius rods and lwr control arms

disc converted rear end

2 1/2" mandrel bent zorst

its all gonna be up for sale soon to fit an RB20det

Nismojos r30 has done a good job to take what he give it!

also a friends has done nearly 270,000kms on the stock L24E which has never been rebuilt and he give that a fair lashing, cooked the oil in the diff one night and killed it. its only now starting to show signs of the rings going in it.

which is why he wants to buy my engine

Originally posted by MYGTST

iv got a red R30 sedan aswell

if you need i also have the complete service manual for it

my lil bro drives the R30 i drive the R33

the R30 has now done over 250,000 kms on its original engine

and still not blowing any smoke

gotta love the L24E engine

Hey man does that manual cover the hatchback version? if so how much do u want for it coz i really need the wiring diagram...if poss could u scan it and email it 2 me... i would still like 2 buy the manual though

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping back up, Im looking for that wiring diagram.

ive also talked to jaustec and they ahve informed me that you do not need another cross member to f it a Rb20det, its actaully a directbolt in. if you have a l20et.

the stardard wiring harnes can be used but has to be rewired for the power steering and air con.