SAU Community

Need new Boot Lock!!!!

MrGTST

Hiya Guys....

As the title indicates I am in need of a new lock for the boot of my car..... Some little b******* ripped mine off yesterday in the city.... :)

My first problem is trying to find a replacement one in Perth. Does anyone know where I can go buy a new one? How much I am looking at ?

Can anyone confirm that the lock barrel is connected to the rest of the lock so I will need a new key too??? I have heard this and it looks this way on the lock but I would like to confirm it...

Thanks in Advance

Brett

Ok.... so does anybody know where I can go and buy one in Perth.... Does anybody stock these on the shelves??? I want to get a replacement as soon as possible ... I have pulled the old lock out of the back already and it really ruins the looks when you see a large gaping hole in the boot :)

They also stole my caps for the tires but I buy another set of those easily enough ( Funny thing is they only took three of them ???? )

Brett

Hmmm yeah I thought about removing the lock... but then you run the risk that if your boot release ever fails you will have problems getting back in the boot ....

yeah I have rung Nissan and the best price so far is $155 and two to three weeks from Japan... :)

I might try the wreckers....

Thanks for the help so far guys... its much appreciated...

Brett

Same thing happened to me not long ago, try justjap over east, www justjap.com email them and you can transfer the money straight through to them, $95 from memory, and you usually get it in about 3 days, then just get a locksmith the key it the same as your other locks.

Don't Ya HATE Badgers!!!! :cuss:

Guest GR33DyMANGO

hey MrGTST, where abouts was your car parked in the city? i'd like to know so i dont park there.. and what time was it ripped off? do u have an alarm?

Hiya Guys....

I was parked at one of the multi stories on Murray St and I was there about mid afternoon .... I have parked there many times before and never had any problems. When I came back to my car there was a VL that was modded next to me ( done badly ) that was looking pretty grubby ( had yellow sticker and all ) .... I know its all theory but I have a feeling it was those guys driving that..... I do have a high spec alarm and I thought it was strange because when I came back my alarm has in a weird state....

Anyways .... after a good stroke of luck I managed to get one through a wrecker here in Perth... and with a bit of work I got the nissan badge portion of the new one ( 2nd hand of course ) and attatched it to my existing one .... The best thing is after doing that I now dont have different keys and dont have to pay to get the new one recoded for my key.... at least I save a little there...

This is the best outcome I could have hoped for ( No waiting to have it shipped .... my existing lock ... and not having to pay full price through Nissan )

Again a big thanks to everyone that took the time to reply and help out...

A very relieved Brett :)

Hiya,

It depends on what rear lock your skyline had...... there are two types ..... a pewter style finish with the word nissan ( I think this one is more common ) and a crome style finish with a black circle and nissan written on it.

Mine was the pewter style finish and I managed get get the only one he had. So if your is the same I think you will be out of luck... But if it is the crome looking one then I can probably dig up his details again.... I know he is located in Malaga, but I will have to find his details... I am at work at the moment...

Brett

Guest GR33DyMANGO

good to hear everything turned out ok.

hey in relation to the carpark u parked in.. i was in there yesterday and in the space of 5 minutes the machine where u pay for your token took one persons money, took anothers token and then when leaving another machine took some guys token and wouldnt raise the bar thingy. pretty shizer.

plus the place is so friggen tight especially when going down the exit ramps.

dont think i'll be parking there again.

Hehe ... yeah I must admit that 3 out of 4 times I go to pay my token gets spat back out at me then so does my money!!!!

The only problem I really get there oftern though is that the ramp between floors get get rather step. There have been many times where I have bottomed out my front spoiler on those ramps.... I am forever repainting the bottom of it :lol:

Brett