SAU Community

looking for a aftermarket ecu!

nizmokid

Hi guys

I am looking at buying a aftermarket computer for my R33 skyline?

I have a few mods on the car now like 3.5 inch exhaust from turbo back, hks intercooler, hks boost controler, BLITZ BOV, water sprayers on the intercooler ram pod with heat shield and cold air induction! now I am looking at fine tuning all the mods so far! what do you guys recomend with out busting the bank and goog value for money?

I have herd that Microtec have released a computer which plugs straight into the original loom is this true and how much?

Any feed back would be cool!

:)

Originally posted by sidewaymambo

from my own experience, go for Apexi Power FC; consider lots people here have very good experience from it

Power fc is good for upto about 600hp, after that i would b looking at a motec, heck alot of Japenese tuning shops use motec for their drag cars so they r definitally good.

nizmokid,

Best value for money would be the greddy/trust e-manage. It has real time data-logging and has been used on a 1500HP Trust RB26. It has a great deal of tuning abillity. $420 for the unit / $910 for the E-01 boost and hand controller (sell the HKS boost controler this one is better) from nengun.

There are alot of great value products out there, motech is a very expensive one but has class leading resolution. The PFC though quite old now has got some great R&D behind it on the skylines and has a good reputation.

It will probably come down to your tuners choice if you are not technical enough to help. The computer will be only as good as the tune it is given after all.

Originally posted by rev210

nizmokid,  

Best value for money would be the greddy/trust e-manage. It has real time data-logging and has been used on a 1500HP Trust RB26. It has a great deal of tuning abillity. $420 for the unit / $910 for the E-01 boost and hand controller (sell the HKS boost controler this one is better) from nengun.

There are alot of great value products out there, motech is a very expensive one but has class leading resolution. The PFC though quite old now has got some great R&D behind it on the skylines and has a good reputation.

It will probably come down to your tuners choice if you are not technical enough to help. The computer will be only as good as the tune it is given after all.

only problem with the thrust e manager is that there isent many tuners around that know how to use the software.

after talking to a few ppl, im buying the microtech,seen as the guy im etting it off has put these in alot of skylines and have worked really well, i wanted to get the wolf because of the features but he said more hassles with the wolf when it comes to idle control or something

Power fc is good for upto about 600hp, after that i would b looking at a motec

Sorry? I don't understand. Do the laws of physics change after 600hp? Do internal combustion engines change from igniting air/fuel mixes to using "liquid hot mag-ma" for this much power?

Please explain how controlling ignition timing and fuel delivery for ANY horsepower figure can't be done by the Power FC.

Cheers.

2rismo,

i think your right there,there shouldnt be a problem with ANY ecu to support more then 600hp.

what can a Motec do that a power fc cant at over 600hp?

what i think can happen is ...dont power fc's use internal MAp sensor?

if so,that might limit the boost pressure,but fitting a aftermarket map sensor should be doable?

Originally posted by 2rismo

Sorry?  I don't understand.  Do the laws of physics change after 600hp?  Do internal combustion engines change from igniting air/fuel mixes to using "liquid hot mag-ma" for this much power?

Please explain how controlling ignition timing and fuel delivery for ANY horsepower figure can't be done by the Power FC.

Cheers.

The power fc can be used for more than 600hp, i aint saying it cant.!

After 600hp is when u start getting serious, drag racing, track racing, and the motec offers so many more inputs to control other things, Launch control, anti-lag, data logging etc than the power fc doesent!

Serious drag racers in japan even use the Australian Motec system in their cars!

I am looking at fine tuning all the mods so far! what do you guys recomend

Does this sound like the request of a pro-drag-race type car?

Just my 2c, power fc is plug in, turn key, happy days. tuning from there only makes it better. Idles perfectly straight away, runs all factory gear like a champ.

Cheers

Originally posted by 2rismo

Does this sound like the request of a pro-drag-race type car?

Just my 2c, power fc is plug in, turn key, happy days.  tuning from there only makes it better.  Idles perfectly straight away, runs all factory gear like a champ.

Cheers

my next mod will be a power fc also! :D

dont take what i was saying out of context, just sayin if he was to build a 1000hp motor to go for motec or similiar!:lol:

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

I think one of the HPI mags had an article on the Microtech CPU for the R33. From what I remeber it sounded like a good setup.

It sure did, & yep it is! But don't bother using one they're crap, as everyone will tell you :D

The Adelaide guys (& a few out of towners) can let you know how my Microtech LT12 equiped GTS25t runs (i.e idle/cruise/all factory features & so on).

Originally posted by INASNT

only problem with the thrust e manager is that there isent many tuners around that know how to use the software.

This is true cause its new. (sorry didn't mean it to rhyme).

I think it has one of the easiest tuning interfaces to understand and if your tuner is not a knuckle dragger they should have no problem from scratch even if they have never seen it before.

R34 had the emanage recently tuned and got 302rwhp on 0.85bar can't go higher without a Z32AFM.He still has some problems in the timing adjustment due to it being auto essentially its only running in AFC mode!, but trust are helping out apparently). He got 275rwhp out of the Apexi SAFC before switching to the e-manage.

KillerT has the same turbo but has a beefier rebuilt RB25DET with head porting and forgies running 1bar got 305rwhp using the Apexi PFC same dyno I believe.

Thats not a bad effort for the in-expensive emanage given they are almost the same HP.