SAU Community

PowerFC software

DoughBoy

I am going to hire the movies The Net and Hackers, maybe Swordfish, and that should equip me with the nessacary info to be able to complete the job.................:D

j/k :)

I am sure someone has the knowhow to do it...........

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bah... i'll give it a shot... now where's that reverse engineering software...

ok so from the sounds of it and talking and looking at someons Datalogit today, it seems the dongle that the datalogit is basically an "Kashima FC Pro" cable functionally, which means there must be something in the software that needs to be tweaked. I'm guessing its just a parity bit or something.

I'm about 25% done converting the PFC software to English. I've taken apart the interface and I'm recoding the titles, buttons etc in English. should be more user friendly then.

Also intersting to note is that you can buy the cables and software from Japan for $300 ish, ready to plug into any PFC and off you go.

bah... i'll give it a shot... now where's that reverse engineering software...

ok so from the sounds of it and talking and looking at someons Datalogit today, it seems the dongle that the datalogit is basically an "Kashima FC Pro" cable functionally, which means there must be something in the software that needs to be tweaked. I'm guessing its just a parity bit or something.

I'm about 25% done converting the PFC software to English. I've taken apart the interface and I'm recoding the titles, buttons etc in English. should be more user friendly then.

Also intersting to note is that you can buy the cables and software from Japan for $300 ish, ready to plug into any PFC and off you go.

Are you saying the Kashima's pro cable works with FC Datalogit?

dunno, it just seems like it works the same way. I didn't get a chance to test out the software. but I betcha it does work... esp since Kashima is mentioned indirectly on the Datalogit website... and they want $450 US for a $200 AU cable and some translated software... hmmm...

yeah it sounds like the ecu sends a block of code/data and gets the "dongle" do a checksum on it an return the data, the correct power fc dongle has a checksum/signature value and the ones your are trying have a different checksum routine/value so therefore it wont match.

The datalogit guys basically have trapped the code/checksum and emulated it which explains the "no need to resolder the power fc to use the datalogit"

sounds like the way authentication/encryption keys and protocols work. like ssh private keys, you exchange a comman block of data, run it against your local "method" and return the result, if it matches you can speak to the host

good work shan, hope you work it out

hmmmm that web site is a bit beyond me. im still having trouble getting these individual files to run. i have unzipped them but when i try to load the file R33(rb25det) etc, the computer tells me it doesnt know what program created this file and cannot load it. info would be much appreciated. Cheers Dave.

hmmmm that web site is a bit beyond me. im still having trouble getting these individual files to run. i have unzipped them but when i try to load the file R33(rb25det) etc, the computer tells me it doesnt know what program created this file and cannot load it. info would be much appreciated. Cheers Dave.

you need to run the FCCOM.exe not the RB25DET file.

This may sound silly but what about using the power fc controller and patching into the back of it with the serial cable ?

Wouldn't this get around the problem of the check sum and allow access to the software?

I may be way off but though i would just toss it up there :D

talking to the designer (think the dude went on vacation earlier) to see if a solderless solution is possible. Apparently its not that hard, just requires taking a dump of a ECU and then replicating, as the authentication is the same. Would sort of explain why the Datalogit is different for different models.

PFC controller uses a passthru signal.

also does anyone know if these maps would be useful when rechipping standard computers? I have a friend who just brought the gear to modify the standard computers but has had very little experience. he said he could do it but it would take days. Are these maps simular?

DezertEagle - no not building our own powerFC's, building our own interface to communicate and tune power FC's.

skylite - you can't use the maps that come with a PFC as the EEPROM that holds the data on a PFC is significantly larger and has a different coding to a regular ECU. If your friend is interested in tuning regular ECU's I have a few japanese tuning textbooks that teach you how the fuel maps work on stock RB ECU's.

Failing tell him to find a guy that has a setup similar to the car he's trying to tune, do a dump of the EEPROM from that ECU to the on he's tuning... very crude, but hey, it seems that most "reccomended tuners" seem to be doing this and getting away with it. Roy should be able to relate :D

Also the Power FC jap software's aroun 40% translated now.

The best tuning maps for stock ECU's are found in jap tuning mags and textbooks. Failing that you could get a Grid ECU visualiser. It shows you by way of LEDs what parameter is being accessed on the ECU. By finding out which parameter is being maxxed out and changing the multiplier on that value, then you can sort of "trick" the ECU into doing things to suit your modification.

*disclaimer... I don't run a tuning shop and don't claim to know it all, and I may be wrong :P

DezertEagle - no not building our own powerFC's, building our own interface to communicate and tune power FC's.

skylite - you can't use the maps that come with a PFC as the EEPROM that holds the data on a PFC is significantly larger and has a different coding to a regular ECU. If your friend is interested in tuning regular ECU's I have a few japanese tuning textbooks that teach you how the fuel maps work on stock RB ECU's.

Failing tell him to find a guy that has a setup similar to the car he's trying to tune, do a dump of the EEPROM from that ECU to the on he's tuning... very crude, but hey, it seems that most "reccomended tuners" seem to be doing this and getting away with it. Roy should be able to relate :D

Also the Power FC jap software's aroun 40% translated now.

The best tuning maps for stock ECU's are found in jap tuning mags and textbooks. Failing that you could get a Grid ECU visualiser. It shows you by way of LEDs what parameter is being accessed on the ECU. By finding out which parameter is being maxxed out and changing the multiplier on that value, then you can sort of "trick" the ECU into doing things to suit your modification.

*disclaimer... I don't run a tuning shop and don't claim to know it all, and I may be wrong :P

These text books you were talking about. Let me guess they are written in Japanese. I would love to have a look at these if I could read them.

New I should of taken more notice of japanese classes at school.

What sort of stuff does it show about RB ecu's.

Thanx 4 the info boys.

Shan how can i get a look at these tuning mags u talk of? I live in greensborough. I was thinking otherwise just taking the car to someone and to get them to do it. People in the trade/area have told me electronic automotive is ok for this tuning. Do u know anything about these guys? Are they likely to have maps for rb30det or will they have to root around with it u think. being epping they would have to have tuned some rb30dets by now.

i've got most of the mags n stuff at my house, the real technical stuff's at jspec's office. I can bring some home if you want. And yea they're all in japanese.

Got no idea of electronic automotive. Last time I had to do a ECU reprogram was when I had my 180sx, and I did it myself. Now I have an N/A so I've never had the need to :)

As for RB30DET ECU tuning, maybe ask the guys at Creatd? they seem to deal with VL's n Skylines n all things RB, and they're in our neck of the woods.